PDA

View Full Version : mowing the grass at 9:30, what????

scoop22
05-24-2007, 08:35 PM
why do people have to mow their yard in the dark?? maybe i am the one being crazy. but 9:30 pm it is dark out. it is almost my bed time. i have a child sleeping.. ok.. can i tell you this.. i think the kids at the house are out and about as well. i am waiting for them to set off fire works. that will my next bitch this summer.
grrrrrrrrrrrrr
http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

cmo
05-24-2007, 08:50 PM
Perhaps you could mow your lawn at 7:30am this Saturday?!

KrisM
05-24-2007, 09:25 PM
We had fireworks at 9pm last night. It wasn't even dark. Fortunately, both kids slept through it. If it happens again, I'm heading over to tell them off!

My parent's neighbor likes to mow at 8am on Sunday's.

alexsmommy
05-25-2007, 08:11 AM
You are not the one being crazy. Our kids go to bed somewhat late compared to others so sometimes it skews DH's thinking. I had to remind DH that 7:45pm is probably too late to mow on our block on a school night. He was like, "Oh, yeah, you're right. It being light out threw me, but I'm sure most of the neighbors kids are in bed or about to go. I'll do it tomorrow." I think it's just inconsiderate not to at least glance at the clock and take your neighbors into consideration.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03
and #2 in early summer '07

elizabethkott
05-25-2007, 08:58 AM
My favorite is the *7:30* am weed wacking job my neighbor likes to do every couple of weeks or so on a Sunday morning.
As the mayor of the village, you would think he knows about the sound ordinances, wouldn't you?
He does always clear our sidewalk with his snowblower, though, so I suppose I shouldn't complain!
:)

Jenn98
05-25-2007, 03:43 PM
DH called me last night from work to tell me he was going to mow the lawn when he got home. At 10:00PM! I told him it would be too dark. He insisted there was a little light on the riding mower. I told him he'd look like the quack of the neighborhood if he was spotted mowing the lawn in the dark with a little light coming from his John Deer. He just didn't get it! Poor man.

elliput
05-25-2007, 10:09 PM
That pisses me off also, but I get a laugh out of it by thinking that maybe they want to give the impression of having house brownies that mow the lawn for them.