PDA

View Full Version : Am I *supposed* to be upset...

LarsMal
05-29-2007, 02:39 PM
about turning the big 3-0????

I'm turning 30 this Thursday, and if one more person asks me how I'm "handling it" I'm going to scream!!!

I have a lot to be happy about- a great hubby, 2 beautiful kids, a nice house, etc. So I have a few grey hairs, some new lines developing on my face, and I drive a minivan (gasp!)- big deal! Right now I'm seriously too tired to care about turning 30. I feel like I'm 50 so I guess I should be happy I'm only 30!

DH asked me last night if I'm going to be depressed on Thursday. I just laughed and told him no more than usual :-)

So everyone just leave me alone and let it be a "Happy" birthday, or I will get depressed!

kijip
05-29-2007, 05:01 PM
Sorry about that- we have a few friends turning 30 this year and they have the exact complaint as you! My silly aunt asked me (and I still have a few years to go to hit 30-I will be 27 in July) how it felt to have my best years behind me?! She meant like ages 18-22. I was like, I have so much more to be happy about now than I did 8 years ago, it is not even funny.

gatorsmom
05-29-2007, 06:26 PM
I'm 35 so I guess I should be in bed sobbing about death being at my door! ;)

I wanted to post that I was excited to turn 30 because I felt that no one took me seriously at work because of my age and "lack of experience." I was a HR manager to some good ole boy managers who used to ignore my advice because they thought I was too young. After I turned 30, they seemed to give me a little more respect.

Ask me how I'm doing with the 40th birthday pending- not looking forward to that one.

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005
and surprise! twins due 11/07!

elliput
05-29-2007, 08:34 PM
I hope you have a great day Thursday. :-) Tell the next person who asks how you are "handling it" that you have had vodka tonics in your water bottle for the past three months.

thomma
05-29-2007, 09:09 PM
Wow, I'm turning 40 soon...how am I supposed to feel? ;)
Happy Birthday, by the way!

Kim
ds&dd 5/03

elizabethkott
05-29-2007, 09:49 PM
Tell the next
>person who asks how you are "handling it" that you have had
>vodka tonics in your water bottle for the past three months.

Hilarious.

Wait - we're not supposed to do that?!
:)

PS: Where I went to college, we had an honor code that applied to exams - totally self-scheduled and unproctered. It was taken very seriously (no, it really was!). Freshman year, two friends and I actually took one of our finals with gin and tonics in big water bottles. Got an A, thankyouverymuch.
Ah, good times. :)