PDA

View Full Version : Petty - but why aren't 1st birthday shirts in smaller sizes?

KrisM
05-31-2007, 08:13 PM
DD is small, but not off the charts. I wanted a 1st birthday shirt for her. I went to BRU. Smallest size is 12 months. She's mostly in 6-9. If a 12 runs small, it'll fit. If a 3-6 runs big, it'll fit.

I could have looked online, but didn't think of it, since I figured they'd have small enough sizes. They have them up to 24 months though! Crazy.

kijip
06-03-2007, 02:45 AM
Not to diminish your issue, but maybe you could see if a smaller 12M size would shrink a bit in the dryer on super hot? Just a thought.

I hate that they size by age anyways. What percentage of any group of 10 18 month olds is going to actually be wearing the "right" age size? Likely just a few. It makes mothers with tiny babes feel behind somehow and mothers with huge kids worry that their kid is a freak show or obese.

maestramommy
06-03-2007, 06:48 PM
That IS annoying. At 12 months DD was wearing 6 months clothing. She's finally "catching up" in some areas, but for the most part still wears younger sized clothing. And she's 40th percentile in height!

KrisM
06-04-2007, 06:54 AM
That's what I did and it worked okay. It was still too long, but didn't look crazy huge.

Yes, the age sizing is crazy. DD is 1 and in 6-9 and DS is just 3 and in 4T.

At least they stop well before adult-hood. I'd hate to have to shop for a 36!

megs4413
06-04-2007, 01:05 PM
i always had the opposite problem cause DD was so big. i ended up putting her in s pink ballerina onesie with a tutu.