PDA

View Full Version : DS, why does your exersaucer make you puke? EVERY TIME?!

elizabethkott
06-01-2007, 06:39 PM
I think I wait a reasonable amount of time after a feeding to put you in it. An hour and a half should be enough. Yet every single time you are in that happy little entertainment saucer you love so much, you manage to puke.
If you didn't LOVE it soooooooo much, we wouldn't have this issue. But you love it, love it, LOVE IT, so in you go! And up it comes!
Sigh. I know that there are worse things in the world. I'd just like to be able to take you out of it once without having to run for cleaning supplies.
So please be a good boy and keep your milky down, 'kay?
Love,
Mama

elephantmeg
06-01-2007, 08:09 PM
lol, ohy. Yuck.

scoop22
06-01-2007, 08:25 PM
ds did it b/c he knew i hated to clean the thing. we used to call it the pooper saucer. it never failed we would be ds in and he would poop. same thing here he loved it. here's hoping the milk stays down and there is no more yucky cleaning..
http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

LarsMal
06-01-2007, 10:38 PM
DD is doing the EXACT SAME thing! I'll wait over an hour to put her in it and within minutes she pukes. I don't get it! She also does it every time she rolls onto her tummy from her back. No matter how long it's been since she's eaten- bleh. I'm so tired of washing blankets and wiping up puke on the exersaucer!

At least your little man isn't alone. Can't wait to see what happens when she goes on amusement park rides!

Sillygirl
06-02-2007, 06:07 AM
Do you think he's having to use his stomach muscles too much to stay upright? We haven't put Alex in the exersaucer yet, but if he is "sitting" on our laps without a lot of back support, he'll spit up. Maybe you could wedge a blanket down in there with him to give him a little more stability.

megs4413
06-04-2007, 01:17 PM
yikes! that's a new one!

kep
06-04-2007, 01:20 PM
My little one is often a fountain of puke. I feel your pain, mama!

Kelli

Proud Mommy to Lukey (2003). Weaned after 3 years of happy nursing!
And Mommy to our newest baby, Joseph, born 3 days after Christmas.

maddyzmommy
06-05-2007, 11:16 AM
Does DS have reflux? My second daughter, Olivia, did. We were told no to bounce her - ever - until the medicine, Zantac, had been in her system for a few days. Zantac made the difference for our pukey baby. We noticed she threw up in the exersaucer every time and in the car EVERY time so we took her to the doctor and it was mild reflux. You might ask next time you're at the doctor's office. It's pretty common, apparently. I feel your pain on the vomit. I felt like I was spinning from so much all the time.

Andi

sweetpea
06-05-2007, 03:26 PM
Is something causing pressure in just the right place, causing a puke?

Dd's bouncer thing pushed her tummy in that place to have the same thing happen. So gross.

elizabethkott
06-05-2007, 09:42 PM
Huh. Acid reflux did not occur to me! You would think it should have since Papa has it BAD. Perhaps this is why he hates being on his stomach so much? Hmmm.
But here's the thing.....
The jumparoo doesn't cause the same pukey reaction!!! And don't get me wrong, he does love the jumparoo, just not as much or for as long as the exersaucer. He was actually just in the jumparoo looking wistfully over at the exersaucer, got fussy, so I put him in it and now he's fine.
Let the countdown to puke begin.
Blech!