PDA

View Full Version : I am not a consolation prize!

Snugglibumkins
06-20-2007, 03:07 AM
Ugh. I invited a mom over for lunch next week. She's been having a hard time adjusting to life with a little one - her baby is just under a month old. I told her to pick the time and day and we'll plan for her to come on over and I'll make lunch and we can hang out while my kids play out back. She was super excited to come over. She's been to my house many times, and we don't usually 'lunch' over there at her house because she has a Rottie and a Pit Bull and I'm not comfortable with my kids playing over there.

So we had next week all set up, until I get an email earlier today commenting on how nice it is outside tonight and that if the sun is shining next Wednesday, she's going to go for a hike with the baby instead and we can do lunch another time. Now ordinarilly I wouldn't be upset, but she's done that to me before. Left me waiting at the coffee shop for her and I stayed for an hour only for my husband to tell me that he drove by her down by the beach when he thought we were supposed to be meeting for coffee.

Who knows, maybe she is just blowing me off?

sidmand
06-20-2007, 06:38 AM
That stinks. I'm sorry that happened to you.

I had that happen with a mom I was meeting for a playgroup. I finally realized that some people just have different priorities and I couldn't count on her coming anymore. I found a playgroup where we all had the same priority about getting together (because I really needed some mom-time and looked forward to the playgroup!). I mean I can totally understand an emergency, but your plans are just as important as anyone else's! You're not just a rainy day date!

Debbie
http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

gatorsmom
06-20-2007, 10:46 AM
I agree with pp- you aren't just a rainy-day playdate. I think that is plain old rude. I wouldn't plan things with her anymore. I would talk on the phone and even take a meal over to her if she had another baby but I wouldn't set myself up for her to disapoint me again.

Who needs that kind of rudeness/negativity in their lives?

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005
and surprise! twins due 11/07!