PDA

View Full Version : I miss my baby :(

ShanaMama
06-25-2007, 10:46 AM
My babysitter went out of town for 2 days, so rather than taking off 2 days of work I sent her to my MIL. MIL is thrilled to have her & DD is more than thrilled to be there, but I am so sad about it.
I hate that I have to do these things to accomodate working, even though I should be grateful that I have such a good job & such a nice MIL. But I want my baby with me. We're always apart during the day, but not that far apart! And I always pick her up by 3:30. She'll sleep at MIL & I won't see her until tomorrow night.

Everyone tells me to enjoy the vacation. I didn't ask for a vacation! I can't imagine what I'll do all night just sitting at home thinking about her. DH & I are going out for dinner to take advantage of the free babysitting, but I know I'm gonna feel weird going to bed without her. I can't stop thinking about her now, at 12 pm! I feel like I should just grow up & get over it. She's 2 yo, she's happy there & she'll be fine.

It doesn't help that I am not satisfied with the car seat install in MIL's car. MIL doesn't share my view that those terrible stories can actually happen to regular people like us & it would be wise to take preventative safety measures like seatbelts & secure carseats. So I installed my carseat in her car myself, but couldn't find the tethers. MIL isn't exactly a careful driver. She will put her in the carseat & strap her in, but she's not neurotic or even concerned about safety like I am.
Like I said, I'm holding my breath till DD gets home tomorrow night.

denna
06-25-2007, 12:59 PM
:( Big big hugs mama. I cant imagine how you must feel to be away from your DD that long. Enjoy this time w/ your DH if at all possible and try not to worry too much about her (though I too would find it hard to get over the car seat install dilemma).

((Hugs))

Puddy73
06-25-2007, 02:14 PM
Big Hugs! I have to go on a business trip in August that will take me away from DC for 4 days and I'm totally dreading it. Everyone tells me that it will be a nice break, but I know I'll be a wreck.

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/08/03 & Finn 10/31/05

"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." - Jimmy Buffett