PDA

View Full Version : I can't take it anymore, it's too hot.

trales
06-27-2007, 02:19 PM
It has been in the 90's for two days. I know some of you live in the South or Midwest and it is like this a lot. But, I live in Northern New England, it's not supposed to be this hot. I have been cooped up in the guest bedroom, with a window AC unit for two days with the baby, the Newfoundland and the black Lab. Not a lot of space for all that dog breath. Yes, there are good points, my cloth diapers are drying very quickly on the deck, but . . . I can't take it anymore. I actually enjoyed the grocery store yesterday, especially the freezer section. On Saturday we were hiking in the White Mountains, and is was 38, we did not summit b/c DD was the only one appropriately dressed in her fleece bunting, that's Mt. Washington for you. That is the weather I love, cold, windy, hat weather. DH is looking at two job offers, one in Boston, one in DC, I think I can safely say I can't live in DC. It needs to cool down before I melt away, or start to enjoy talking to the dogs too much.

Tracey
Mom to Frances 12 weeks already

SnuggleBuggles
06-27-2007, 02:49 PM
I know how you feel. Ds asked me to take him to the playground and I said no. There is no way I am going out there voluntarily unless it is to the pool or somewhere air conditioned. My poor ds is like his aunt and wilts in the heat (especially the sun).

I got estimates for central air in January and decided it wasn't worth the price. If only I could have felt these temps back then- I would have changed my mind. :)

Hang in there. the weather will break soon. head to the movie theater with baby (they'll be fine, I bet).

Beth

thomma
06-27-2007, 03:00 PM
I know! Last Friday we were at the playground in sweatshirts...the past two days have been in the 90's. Today feels worse because it's humid too. My kids are older so we've been playing in the water a lot outside. We've also taken morning baths *and* night baths. We're hot but we're clean. :) I think it's supposed to be in the upper 70s here by Friday.

I hope it cools down for you soon.

Kim
ds&dd - 4

s_gosney
06-27-2007, 03:23 PM
I'll swap you weather! :) I'm in OK and SO sick of the rain. Though, at least we have central air pretty much everywhere here so the heat is a little more bearable.

tarabenet
06-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Tracey, I won't give you a hard time over melting if you promise not to make too much fun of me when I'm "freezing" down here in Central Texas!

Seriously, too much heat and not enough a/c is miserable, even to us. I hope your weather gets back to normal soon.

Benet
In Texas, where it is unseasonably wet and the tune stuck in everyone's heads is Stevie Ray's "Floodin' Down in Texas".
Weird world, no?

SummerBaby
06-27-2007, 03:47 PM
I'm in upstate NY and miserable too. My ankles look like they have softballs underneath the skin- I can't believe I am pregnant in the summer again! It looks like it's going to storm any minute here, so we should have some relief soon.

Val
DD 2.5 years old
another summer baby coming in 2007!

lisams
06-27-2007, 04:48 PM
At 2:45 PM it is 111 degrees out right now. Funny thing is that it doesn't bother me that much - I guess I'm used to it. We have a few more months of it so I'm sure it'll get old by then, lol! It stinks for DD having to stay inside all day.

If someone here in AZ builds an indoor park playground and charges admission they would make tons of money!!

tarabenet
06-27-2007, 05:33 PM
Do it, Lisa! Do it! There's one here in Austin, and it is a busy place! Also Chik-Fil-A and McDonald's stay very busy all summer plus whenever it rains -- they all have play areas here. Kids love those Toddler Habitrails, don't they?

cdlamis
06-27-2007, 10:50 PM
Lisa- haven't you been to Way 2 Play Cafe in Chandler? It's awesome!
DH and I wished we had thought of it first.

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6/02
and Bella 12/04
"http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif"

lisams
06-27-2007, 10:58 PM
I just checked out their website, WOW!!! That's like 3 miles from where I live, how exciting!

Thanks for the tip Daniella! I bet DD will love it (me too!)

AddiesMom
06-28-2007, 07:37 PM
I fell your pain, or should I say heat. At least central AC is usually more common in DC than New England if you move there! When we built our house in Central Mass 3 years ago DH refused to spend the extra bucks for central air. Why should he care?? He is a consultant who lives in a hotel Mon-Thurs, eating out every night while I am hiding in my bedroom in front of the window box AC eating a freakin' Lean Cuisine! (Can you tell I am CRANKY from the heat also?) Did I also mention that DD's room does not have a window AC (it will this weekend) so she is in a PNP in my room right now. This should do wonders for her sleep schedule!