PDA

View Full Version : I am just so stressed!!!

set81616
06-29-2007, 08:19 AM
I start grad school in August at UF so we have to sell our house and move a couple of hours away. The market here is horrible so I called a we buy your place and they came in with a LOW offer. Then 2 days later he called with a higher offer and wanted to send some people over the next day to look at it. I kept wishy washing because I want more and had my husband finally call (DH wants me to make all the decisions) and now it is too late for the sale. Top that off with there is no family housing yet at school and I can't find a short term rental. Also, my DH will be the only bread winner and he is having no luck finding anything in Gainesville. I think we have day care and we found someone to take our dog this week (I miss her like crazy but at least she is in a good home) so those are reliefs. I'm just so stressed and miserable and if I don't snap out of it soon my RA is going to flare. Thanks for letting me vent.
Shannon

tiapam
06-29-2007, 11:54 PM
Yikes, that is a lot at once. Hope you resolve the housing issue soon.
And shame on your DH for wanting *you* to make all the decisions. You are in this together!

I am seriously peeved at the mortgage lending industry right now. They made all these bad loans that made the market crazy and now all of these houses are flooding the market because the people cannot afford them. The lenders screwed everyone then (when we bought at high prices due to high demand) and now they are doing it again when we are trying to sell in a buyer's market. I seriously thing Congress should be looking into this. It's criminal.

-Pam

DD - Two years old!

madteaparty
06-30-2007, 03:28 AM
Hi, no wisdom to add except that we are in a very similar position, (grad school in August for DH/must sell house/find rental). The market is just bad right now; we're just reconciled ourselves to that not being our fault...Stay strong!