PDA

View Full Version : sit down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scoop22
06-29-2007, 03:27 PM
i hate putting ds in:
a stoller
a car seat
a shopping cart
or anywhere he is to be seated.

it is nearly impossible for me to go anywhere without ds having a fit. (any suggestions would be great!!!)

i had to go to the eye dr. today for a 5 min check. i could not get ds to sit back in his stroller. it was horrible. i am at a loss. he doesn't listen when he is walking or i would try that more often. ( we prcative when possible) he just has to go go go.. and i need him to stop for a few minutes while mommy shops and gets her errands done. i want dh to come home NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! it is like i am toturing the poor child by making him sit in the cart while i shop. he does much better in a stoller but as we all know our groceries won't fit...

grrrrrrrrrrrrr.. it is a frustating day.

Mommy Of A Little Angel
06-29-2007, 04:30 PM
For day one, DD hated to be restrained. She hated her car seat, she hated her stroller. It was horrible when she was little because there wasn't much of an alternative (though she loved to be face-out in any carrier). Now I get her to be calm in her car seat with a dvd player. Yes, I was so careful about no tv and that all ended when every car trip was screaming. As far as shopping carts and strollers - food. I give her a cookie, a piece of bread, anything. She will sit contently and eat.

I'm sorry - I know how frustrating it is!

niccig
06-29-2007, 06:23 PM
I have one too. When he was younger, food worked. I could get him into his carseat with the promise of snap peas. He's older and much better at staying by me when we do walk, the rule is that he either holds mummy's hand or holds on to the stroller - he chooses the stroller most times. If he won't do either of those, then mummy carries him. He doesn't want to be carried. The rule in all stores is sit in the cart, even when I have someone with me who could watch him. I have to be consistent with him. We haven't had a fight over the shopping cart in awhile

For times when he must sit, and he won't, I then make him. He likes to climb into the carseat by himself, and I let him but I can only wait sooooo long for that to happen. He doesn't like being made to sit, and I don't like having to do it, but you have to be strapped into the carseat. No choice on that one.

As DS is getting older it is getting better...

gatorsmom
06-30-2007, 10:35 PM
that's a tough one. some things to try:

Take him in the stroller and carry a basket with you to carry your groceries. That way, you can keep him strapped in the stroller. But you'll have to make several trips per week to the store (because those baskets are so small).

or, don't go grocery shopping til he is good and hungry. Then bring a sandwich/McDonald's happy meal for him to eat while you power shop.

or buy one of those cute harnesses from Target that look like a little backpack and keep him constrained with the harness (it's basically a leash but looks really cute).

or get him a grocery bag (or some grocery stores have miniature shopping carts for kids to push) and let him help you grocery shop.

or give up and get a babysitter/ swap kids with another mom while you run your errands.

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005
and surprise! twins due 11/07!