PDA

View Full Version : Thanks DH...

LarsMal
07-01-2007, 09:43 AM
You know, he's actually been on a really good streak lately. Until today...

Like I'm not already having enough trouble getting that stupid doc to get me a new Rx for this crap on my face. I am able to cover it up pretty well w/makeup during the day, but last night I decided to wash my face and try my own remedy. I used the kids Aveeno baby eczema lotion, followed by a mixture of Cortizone 10 and Aquaphor. I guess it made it a little red. This morning DH says, "You look like you're ready to play baseball. It looks like you have that black stuff under your eyes, only yours is red."

Thanks- JERK! Like I don't feel insecure enough already. I think I'll go cry now, and not leave the house for a few days!

THINK, DUMB A$$, THINK!!!!

gatorsmom
07-01-2007, 01:55 PM
<<hugs>> Men are a major PITA sometimes. Spit in his dinner tonight, you'll feel better (just kidding).

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005
and surprise! twins due 11/07!

JoyNChrist
07-01-2007, 09:03 PM
Aaw, honey, I'm sorry. They really just don't think sometimes.

This is TMI, but I think you'll appreciate it...the very first time DH and I had sex after Avery was born, he made this announcement only minutes after the fact - "You know, things kind of look different 'down there'."

Yes, that's exactly what you say to your hormonal, sleep-deprived, post-partum wife who is very uncomfortable with the belly fat and the stretch marks on her thighs. Now I have something else to be self-conscious about. Thanks.

After an hour of me crying in the bathroom, I think he got the message. ;-)

LarsMal
07-01-2007, 09:36 PM
NO HE DID NOT!!!!! What the heck is wrong with them sometimes!?!

Like I said in my op- I can cover it up pretty well with makeup. After I showered and got ready today DH said, "Wow, you look really nice. I can't even see the stuff anymore." Who knows, maybe he was just trying to kiss butt, but it worked (for now)!

JoyNChrist
07-01-2007, 10:13 PM
Yep, he really did. The really funny part was hearing him repeatedly say "But *different* doesn't mean *bad*!" through the bathroom door.

He's lucky I love him. :-)

I'm glad you're feeling better. And I'm sure it's really not as bad as you think it is...we're always hardest on ourselves.