PDA

View Full Version : 2 gripes- totally unrelated

LarsMal
07-10-2007, 12:05 PM
I couldn't pick which I needed to get off my chest more, so I'll just put them both!

1) STUPID STUPID STUPID DOG!!!!!! I swear if I find one more pile of poo laying around this house she is going to find her pretty face and name in the paper! We went to the library this morning and came home to a nice package waiting at the front door- guess she was trying to get outside! I took the rug into the laundry room only to find two more presents waiting in there. Then, if that wasn't enough, I found a pile of puke in the office. LOVELY! At least the poop was in places easy to clean...how considerate of you! (And no, she isn't sick, she's stubborn and won't go when she's taken out- brat!)

2) To the SHIM at the library...It honestly doesn't bother me that you feel more comfortable as a woman. If that's how you want to be, more power to ya! But please, at least try to LOOK like a woman. Seriously, you look like a dude in a skirt and heels- and not an attractive skirt and shoes either! I see you have some boobs, so I guess you are in the process of making the "change", but could you maybe SHAVE your face so you don't look like a man with long hair and boobs, in a skirt and heels, with a low voice and scuffy face? You are confusing the children. I don't want mean kids to tease you, so maybe you could work in the adult section as well, not hang out at the entrance to the children and teen wing.

That's all for now!!!

gatorsmom
07-10-2007, 12:50 PM
What does SHIM stand for?

Funny post, btw. well, except for the dog part. btdt- I feel your pain. Hope your day gets better.

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005
and surprise! twins due 11/07!

elizabethkott
07-10-2007, 01:01 PM
#1:
(((((Hugs)))))
Maggie The Brat has been known to do the same thing. I swear I should buy stock in that Nature's Miracle company from the amount of poo and pee I've had to clean up off our carpet. And it's never from lack of opportunity to go out - then I would feel guilty. Oh no, it's spiteful poo. I don't care what any of the "dog experts" say. She DOES know what she's doing, and she's doing it ON PURPOSE. Usually because she's p*ssed at mama and papa for going out without her for dinner, a walk, to the grocery store, to get the mail in... you get the drift. Bratty, bratty bratterson. So I can feel your pain. :(

#2:
More power to her/him! But your post TOTALLY made me giggle! I mean, really. If you choose to make the switch, at least get some good lookin' clothes and heels! Have a bit of pride in becoming a woman!! And certainly she should shave! It's not a "if legs than not face" theorem. You shave what isn't supposed to have hair in polite society for whatever gender you have selected, and later on the hormones will help take care of the rest.
But oh, the mental picture this gave me totally made me laugh!
Is there someone at the library you could discreetly speak with about the "reassignment of the reassigned" until the latter is complete? Or the suggestion box?
Now I'm getting a mental picture of her leading story time or nursery time, singing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" in a low, gravelly voice...
I'm a horrible person, I know. :)

LarsMal
07-10-2007, 01:01 PM
I realized I shouldn't have put it in all capital letters...It's "Shim"- as in She+Him. Probably not very PC of me!!!

LarsMal
07-11-2007, 08:49 AM
OH MY GROSSNESS!!!!! I can't even begin to describe what happened yesterday except to say that four hours, three rolls of paper towels, half a bottle of Resolve, half a bottle of Nature's Miracle, almost a full container of Clorox wipes, and a rented WetVac later the house is finally poop free! Thank God DH was already coming home early yesterday (which rarely happens). If not, he would've gotten that frantic, "You need to come home NOW" call that I save for emergencies!

In the four years that we have had our dog she has NEVER had diarrhea like this. Maybe some loose poopies here and there, but I can't ever remember her having diarrhea at all actually. I feel bad b/c I think she was trying to get me, but I was rocking DD to sleep and had the gate closed. As I was rocking DD I hear DS say, "EEEE." That means one of three things- poop, pee, or Wrigley. Well, I guess it this case it meant, "EWW, Wrigley went poopy!"

It was on the steps, in DH's office, and all over, I mean ALL OVER the hardwood floor in the foyer. We also found some on our living room area rug, and behind the couch in the family room. I think the smell must just be stuck in my nose b/c DH says he doesn't smell anything, but I swear our house now smells like dog sh*t.

Aside from a little time to go potty outside and run around in the kitchen, she has been banished to her crate (not in trouble, she's just so smelly and gross and I can't give her a bath right now). She has been on rice only for her last two meals, so hopefully that will help firm things up. ugh...

I still think the first poop from yesterday was out of stubbornness, but the other was not. I think she was getting me back for threatening of put her name in the paper!

elizabethkott
07-11-2007, 09:43 AM
EEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!

I am SO SORRY you had to deal with explosive poop!!!

Have you thought about adding some boiled chicken to the rice? It also helps to bind them up and adds in a bit of nutrition at the same time.

Poor puppy. Poor mama!!!
(((((HUGS)))))!!!!!!!

Radosti
07-11-2007, 01:01 PM
I actually keep a bottle of Flagyl in the house at all times. My own dogs have sensitive tummies and the foster dogs always come in with diarrhea. Fragyl (metronidazole) in combination with boiled rice and chicken stops diarrhea in its tracks. They feel tons better after the first dose and are completely fine after the second dose. I also make sure to give them pedialyte instead of water for a while.

My one dog used to have a major gastritis incident once a year. She'd be bleeding from the rear by the time we came home from work. Every time involved spending 4 days at the vet on IV fluids and Flagyl. So, I decided to keep Flagyl here. It always does the trick. She's now 9 years old and hasn't had an incident like that in 6 years. The word got out and when the neighbors' dogs have a diarrhea problem, they call me in a panic for some Flagyl.

LarsMal
07-11-2007, 01:21 PM
Thanks!
Where can I buy Flagyl? I've never heard of it before. I have given her Gatorade in the past, but I'll pick up some pedialyte, too. She still hasn't had a BM today, so I don't know what will happen when she does!