PDA

View Full Version : DD rolled off of her changing table and I am so upset

Clarity
07-11-2007, 07:51 AM
DD rolled off the changing table this a.m. while dh was changing her. He says he turned for a second to throw away her soggie and she rolled off and hit the floor. He felt terrible, I know he did and it was an accident, I'm not mad at him for that.

I'm mad because he doesn't have to work today (he's faculty and has the rest of the summer off) but he still took her into daycare! She fell on her HEAD and he left her at daycare for a paid employee to watch her while he's at home. What on earth could he possibly be thinking? GRRRRRRRRRRRR. Needless to say, dh and I are now in the midst of an argument.

denna
07-11-2007, 08:07 AM
I know he must feel awful for the accident but men can be stupid and not think clearly alot! You have every right to be angry w/ him for not keeping DD home. I would be upset even if she hadnt hit her head.

((Hugs))

megs4413
07-11-2007, 09:23 AM
wow....i'm so sorry she fell! that sucks!!!!

and i woudl be pissed if my dh was leaving either dc in daycare when he was available. GARUMPH.

Clarity
07-11-2007, 01:43 PM
Yeah, that's the rub...dh is home, but he often works on research or articles, so dd goes to daycare four days a week even when he is home in the summer. That's frustrating enough, but he took her this a.m., and had her there by 8:15a.m., when she had just fallen and he had no pressing work facing him today I was a wee bit fired up.

I should add that he has since has picked her up, taken her to the pediatrician where it was determined that she looks unharmed. He then wisely called me to apologize for his hasty decision and has kept her with him for the rest of the day. I feel a bit better now....he's a great daddy otherwise, I just don't know what he was thinking this morning!

kozachka
07-11-2007, 02:58 PM
First of all, hugs to you and your DD. Glad to hear there is a good ending to this, DD is not harmed and DH came to his senses. I am guessing your DH was in as much shock as you and his defence was to act as if nothing happened.