PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, MIL, for the pity offer (LONG and cheaper than therapy :) )

firstbaby
07-14-2007, 01:52 PM
So it has been apparent for a long time that the ILs favor BIL and SIL over us. They even stood us up for DS2 1st birthday party in favor of attending an air show with their kids. So, I called them on it and realized that it is a miracle DH keeps a job since he was raised with NO sense of taking personal responsibility.

However, lately MIL has been trying to keep in touch better - calling us instead of us calling them and even offered to help me with a shower I am throwing next month and am making all of the food for. I thought I was JOKING / being catty when I teased DH that it probably meant she was taking their kids for a week so BIL / SIL could go away on a fabulous vacation by themselves.

Well, apparently I should not have been joking because she is. Four nights so they can get away. I literally have been sick for three days because of all the stress I have been carrying around lately and she knows we have a lot going on. When we have child care needs, we use our nanny or get a baby sitter. We never ask - they never / rarely offer.

So, when she realizes she's "let the cat out of the bag", she offers three times in a ten minute conversation to take our kids for a couple of nights so we can get away.

Um, no thanks. DS2 doesn't know you and literally cries when you hold him because you've never spent more than an hour with him and never by themselves. This is after they spent a TON of time with DS1 before DS2 was born. DS1 frequently asks for them. They live about 30 minutes away. I'm sure if we did take her up on the pity offer, she would have to cancel because BIL/SIL would need them to babysit because something came up at the last minute.

Whew ladies! No need to reply - I almost feel better :)

elizabethkott
07-14-2007, 02:10 PM
(((Hugs)))

That is so crappy.

Feel free to put them in a rest home should the need ever arise.

:)

nov04
07-15-2007, 10:53 AM
just wanted to say that karma will get her (don't know if that helps you, but it always does for me). Good for you for seeing right through her.

Radosti
07-15-2007, 07:15 PM
Oh wait, you can't possibly, but are they related?

Won't hijack your thread... but you are so not alone it's not funny.

Radosti
07-15-2007, 07:15 PM
Oops, DP

Bean606
07-20-2007, 10:02 PM
DITTO!!!!