PDA

View Full Version : Online photo sharing

LarsMal
07-16-2007, 02:17 PM
I am filing this as :"Pet Peeve #342" in my ever growing list of things that annoy me!

I love getting online photo albums from friends and family, but do I really need to see 178- not even kidding- 178 pictures of your smiling child?! That was just from one friend. Today I got another 90 from a different friend! Now, if they were all great photos of different things, fine, but it's seriously like they just uploaded the camera disc and pressed Send. Although, the one w/178 photos had captions, so she knew exactly what she was sending. Seriously, why do I need to see 7 photos of the EXACT same thing?! Some pictures are out of focus or just really really bad. I showed DH a couple from the group of 90 and his comment was, "That's just mean. Why would you share those photos?" (They were not-so-attractive beach pics.)

I know, I don't *have* to look at all of them, and I don't, but a little editing would be nice! I don't know, it almost seems a little vain to me.

I send albums out, too- probably once a month- but I try to keep them to a minimum- maybe 25 at most. I don't want our friends and family to spend 20 minutes of their day flipping through photos of my kids.

It's just annoying...that is all for now! I'm sure pet peeve #343 will come to me soon :-)

HannaAddict
07-19-2007, 03:05 PM
We use our online photo sharing site to store our photos, not just as a tool to share. Sometimes I have time to edit an album down for "public" consumption with the download of all the images we've taken in the last month or whatever saved online but not viewable by friends/family. But sometimes I don't have time or some albums, though edited, are huge for our enjoyment. So if grandma or friends want to look, they are going to have to sift through them. I edit beach pictures for my own selfish reasons . . . I'm not in swimsuit model mode!

FWIW, my SIL had no idea you could have some albums not viewable on the web site and I had a hard time making it keep some albums private. Just a thought.

Kimberly

babyready
07-19-2007, 09:13 PM
Oh I hear you on this! My ILs are all obsessed with sharing billions of photos with everyone. I will only add that I hate when you receive a new album every three days. Of the same kid. Doing the same thing (he's an infant, so he's not doing much.) I don't need that many pictures.

I feel better now. Thanks.

belovedgandp
07-21-2007, 08:47 AM
I feel your pain. Yes, I want to see the pictures, but not that stinking many of them.

Also add, rotate them please. It's not that complicated. These on-line sites are super simple. I'd love to see your pics, but my neck can't handle staring at the screen sideways.

Andrea S
07-21-2007, 04:15 PM
My friend sent me 1500 pics of her trip to disney. She sent it in 3 albums 2 of them I deleted before even opening them.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/02
& Benjamin 3/06