PDA

View Full Version : So today I dropped a two pound container of blueberries

punkrockmama
07-19-2007, 08:34 PM
right when I got home from the store. Now look, my kids eat blueberries so much that their poop is permanately navy blue. Having blueberries in stock is like having milk or bread. It's a necessity. Because otherwise my face would melt from the heat of both their outrage if we were out of them.

Why God, whyyyyy?

elizabethkott
07-19-2007, 08:41 PM
Oh that is stinky! :(
I'm talking about the dropping of the berries, not the navy poop.
Although I'm sure that's stinky too.
May you survive the outrage and the ensuing tantrum that is inevitable.
:(

fortato
07-19-2007, 08:55 PM
Five second rule is there for just such an occasion.

Hugs.. it's going to be ok.

bubbaray
07-19-2007, 10:01 PM
Well, I'd say its a lot longer than the 10 second rule -- you have to wash them anyway, right??

Of course, in my house, my DOG would have been eating them faster than I could have picked them up, so that he TOO could poop purple.

BTW, DD#1 is completely addicted to blueberries. Its so sad when they are out of season. We do frozen, but they aren't the same (and I agree with her on that!)

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

elaineandmichaelsmommy
07-20-2007, 12:49 AM
You have to wash them anyway right? We promise we won't report you to the mommy police.

Aunt to sweet baby boy
07-20-2007, 02:02 AM
That is horrible, but at least you got them home. I dropped a plastic container of strawberries while trying to put them into my car in the Costco parking lot. I then took a few minutes picking up all the berries that I could so that there would not be strawberries splattered all over the lot. Luckily I had a plastic garbage bag that I put all the berries in to bring home, and they went right to the garbage can outside.

I was so upset with myself. I am hoping to go to Costco next week, and i know I will be much more careful about unloading my cart than I was before.

Ilana, aka Nana to my sweet nephew Avi

http://lilypie.com/pic/061128/V76Q.jpg[/img]http://b3.lilypie.com/wYA-m8/.png[/img][/url]

DrSally
07-20-2007, 09:29 AM
I know that poo, it looks almost black for my DS. Your DC are lucky b/c I only buy it when it's on sale, but DS always says "boo, boo, boo" when I open the fridge. To see them scattered all over the floor...

ETA: I would wash them and eat them if it happened inside.