PDA

View Full Version : Is my van a magnet or something?

s7714
07-23-2007, 10:41 PM
I bought my Honda Ody brand new only about 8 or 9 months ago. A few weeks after getting it, the passenger side got swiped by a car which resulted in no physcial damage, but paint got scraped off. A couple months later I went to wash it and discovered a scrape of paint missing on the back corner bumper on the other side. Now today I come out of a store and discover a inch long scrape on the top of the rear bumper that I am 100% positive wasn't there just yesterday. I don't know if someone ran into it with a shopping car or what, but it's a noticeable scrape.

I don't get it, I've never had a problem with paint being scraped off like this on any of my other cars! Are minivans just magnets for getting paint scraped off or something? It's annoying the heck out of me!

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org

egoldber
07-24-2007, 06:47 AM
"Are minivans just magnets for getting paint scraped off or something"

IME, yes.

momathome
07-24-2007, 08:13 AM
If it makes you feel any better, we bought a new Honda Odyssey in March and it definitely has it's share of dings and scrapes already. It's very frustrating to see a new car get marked up so easily. :(

Kungjo
07-24-2007, 11:19 PM
Yes!!! I have a Ody as well and I have so many scrapes and scuffs on it. 2 Months after I bought the van, it got hit in the parking lot by an other car. The car took off but left a dent right about the wheel well on the front passenger side. I was SO POd. Didn't find out till after the fact of course so it's still there. I never did pay to get it fixed.

I'm still hoping for bad kharma for the person who did it and wasn't man or woman enough to admit to it and get it fixed. It was their fault.

Melanie
07-25-2007, 04:18 PM
There's more surface area to ding! LOL. Sorry, I couldn't help it.

g-mama
07-26-2007, 04:16 PM
Yes, I think that minivans are a magnet. I know that mine is, for sure. I have had my Odyssey for two years and have more scrapes, scratches, dings and dents on it from parking lots than I can count. It is extremely irritating, isn't it?!

~Kristen

Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03
Marco 12-05

s7714
07-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Thanks everyone. It's nice to know I'm not the only one! Maybe I'll have to start checking out the paint condition on all those other minivans I pass by in the Target parking lot. Seeing a few other vans with scrapes might make me feel better! :P

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org