PDA

View Full Version : So disappointed in people.......

Pennylane
08-01-2007, 07:54 AM
So you might remember my bitch a month or so ago about selling on Craigslist. We'll we finally sold our baby furniture to a couple who had a three month old dd. My DH has cleaned out all the drawers, or atleast he said he had. A few weeks ago I start looking for my DD's diaper covers and socks and could not find them. Asked my DH about it and he says he does not remember seeing them. I finally come to the conclusion he left them in the dresser and now this couple has all my dd's socks, new ll bean tights I purchased for fall, diaper covers that were handed down from my older dd, etc....

No big deal right? So I email the couple and tell them what happened. They check and say yes it is there. I offer to drive to their house and pick it up (over an hour away), won't give me their address. They say they will be in town sometimes and will meet me. Almost 4 weeks later, they still won't commit to me getting it back.

I explained that a few of the items have sentimental value to me, but they don't seem to care. I just don't get people. Is it just me or does no one seem to care about doing the right thing anymore? Why after I gave them an amzing deal on this furniture would they feel the need to act this way.

Ann

katydid1971
08-01-2007, 10:17 AM
That's weird. Why won't they give you their address? What are they doing at their house they don't want you to know about or are you a famous cat burgerler trying to steal back your old stuff? That is very weird.
Hugs
Sarah

gatorsmom
08-01-2007, 10:41 AM
I swear that some people just aren't playing with a full deck. Truly, they are just insensitive idiots. I know a few of them too. A few years ago, we had rented an appartment to some close friends. When the time came for them to move out, we had moved out of state, my DH was busy with a new job and my mother was going through chemo treatments. Needless to say, we were really busy.

We had lowered their rent payments because they offered to clean the apartment before they moved in and make renovations to it after they moved out. It was all agreed on in advance. So, as they are moving out what do they do? They leave their old furniture in there, garbage in the cupboards and refuse to allow our Realtor (who agreed to help us when we saw that our friends weren't) into the apartment with a cleaning crew. They never appologized or offered to reimburse us for the cleaning crew. Said they were too busy. My DH said they were close friends of his since college and I should let it go. He has forgotten about it. I've forgiven but never forgotten.

So they are still out of state and we see them once a year, if that. When I emailed them letting them know about the twins, they said they would come up to help us if we needed them to. Um, yeah, right I'll hold my breath....grrr

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005
and surprise! twins due 11/07!

Melaniee
08-02-2007, 09:54 PM
Would they let you send them a prepaid envelope? Or mail them if you promise to send a check since they know where you live?

Craigslisters are so annoying.

lisams
08-02-2007, 11:09 PM
As new parents, they may be uneasy giving their address out, especially with all of the kidnappings in the news. They may be suspicious that the things left in the dresser were "planted" there as a way of you getting in touch with them. To them you are complete strangers.

I know that with DD I was very protective (am with DS also, but more so with the first). I personally would not be giving my address out. I'd offer to mail the stuff to you or meet somewhere, though.

Just another perspective. I hope they return them to you one way or another.

lizajane
08-03-2007, 07:09 AM
ask them to mail it postage due?

Pennylane
08-04-2007, 07:13 AM
So, I sent them one last email practically begging them to have it back. He agreed upon a place and time to meet me. Of course it was the busiest street in town at 5:00, rush hour. I get my DD off the bus plus her friend, rush to load all 4 of them in the car and drive over there. Wait for them for 30 minutes and he calls and says he was in town today but forgot to bring the stuff with him, sorry. I just broke down in tears. I know it should not be such a big deal, almost everything is replaceable. It just is so disgusting to me that someone whould act like this. I think he honestly just set me up with no intention of really meeting me.

A pp mentioned maybe they were scared to give me their address for fear of their child but I can't imagine that is the case. They were at my house, met me, my DH and my children and I'm sure that they could see we were honest people....Unlike them. I've offered pretty much every solution that I can think of to them but I think they are just planning on keeping the items for their new DD. Nice people, huh?

Ann

punkrockmama
08-04-2007, 08:06 AM
Aw Ann. Big hugs to you. I can tell this has got you down a bit, and rightfully so. There are lots of @ssholes in the world and there are lots of good guys. You're one of the good guys. Trust me girlie, a little thing called karma will come along one day and smack these people upside the head. I promise. :)

lisams
08-04-2007, 01:18 PM
That totally stinks, I am so sorry. That was so not cool of him to pull that stunt.

gatorsmom
08-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Yep, I totally agree. And the kicker is, that if these people have done this to you, I guarantee they've done crap to other people too. Theirs is coming....(and don't forget, this is just one crappy couple. There are so many people out there who would bend backwards to help even a stranger. Don't let it get you down.)

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005
and surprise! twins due 11/07!

Pennylane
08-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Thanks for your sympathy! I think my DH is going to pursue it a little more for me, so maybe we'll end up getting it back.

If not, I really hope that one day something like this happens to him. I know, not very big of me but they deserve it.

Ann