PDA

View Full Version : So sad...my return date got moved up a week

infocrazy
08-01-2007, 04:22 PM
I am so upset. My HR rep called today to verify my return from maternity date and it was a week earlier than I expected and only 10 days from now. I thought that I got 90 days but it is really 12 weeks. I am so upset that I can't even talk about it without crying. I am going to talk to my boss and see if I can still do "my date" since I had mentally prepared for that without having to take vacation. I don't know what I'm going to do otherwise--my sitter is on vacation the earlier week. I am going to send him an email because God forbid I start crying on the phone but I'm not sure what he will do.

I really don't want to go back. I have to--but I don't want to. I make significantly more than DH anyway so if one of us WERE to quit, it would make more sense for it to be him but I am sooo soo sad right now. In addition, DS2 is finally starting to get his reflux and colic under control in the last week or two so it really feels like my leave just started not about to end.

I'm just sad. Thanks for letting me vent. I need to go buy some lottery tickets...or find some work from home options. Anyone need a logistics engineer who can work from home in Michigan????

shilo
08-01-2007, 05:44 PM
hugs, i'm sorry. i don't know what else to say besides that your kiddo's are lucky to have a mama who is working hard to provide for her family and their future.

lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

scoop22
08-01-2007, 09:21 PM
sending hugs your way. i hope things work out for you. just reading your post made me think of when i went back to work. it is a sad time. wishing you the best.

http://b3.lilypie.com/Sd3bm4.png

elephantmeg
08-02-2007, 06:02 AM
hugs and I hope your date gets moved back! It's so hard to go back!

mariza
08-02-2007, 07:50 AM
12 weeks of FMLA = 480 hours...so if during your 12 weeks there were holidays or days that you would have otherwise been paid for, it should not have to come out of your FMLA allotment. You may have to do some math but it's worth a longshot to stay home a bit longer :)HTH!

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1" DD 1/05
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

Puddy73
08-02-2007, 08:57 AM
Big Hugs! I remember how hard it was to go back. If your HR person agrees, you can split up your remaining FMLA hours (work half days for two weeks instead of full time for one week). Easing back into work made the transition a little easier for me.

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/08/03 & Finn 10/31/05

"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." - Jimmy Buffett