PDA

View Full Version : 4 year old penises are terrifying???

StantonHyde
08-08-2007, 11:11 AM
What is with JCC's and swimming and changing rooms?? Our JCC does have a family changing room and I usually do take my kids in and out of the locker room. BUT..

Last night we had a swim lesson at 6 and the kids stayed at the pool till it closed at 8. AT 7:50, the life guard blows a whistle and I am hustling my kids out when another guard says, we do close at 8, but we blow the whistle early to get people out of the pool. There were NO other families there with small children and we were the ONLY people on that side of the pool. Everybody else was an adult in the deep water. DD, of course, wants to stay in the water so I let her and she was in the 6" part (20 feet away). I am changing DS on the deck so I can keep an eye on DD. I got his shirt on and had just pulled off his swim trunks when a guard went up to my daughter and tried to get her to leave the pool "Go with your mom, etc." He was being nice about it, so I left DS instantly and went to scoop up DD (it was not yet 8, but if the guard is intervening, I think I should get her out). I say all this stuff about how if DD sees someone with a whistle and a red floaty, she has to listen to them because they keep us safe. The guard is walking in front of me. He stops dead still in front of DS and points to him and makes this "no way in hell, lady" face and then he snarkily says to me "The JCC has family changing rooms for your convenience."

What is so terrible about a 4 year old penis?? Our friends had just changed their daughter on the deck 30 mins earlier. DS was just standing there in his fire truck shirt, eating Doritos, completely oblivious and NO ONE was any where near us. If I hadn't had to jump up to get DD, I would have underwear on DS. I understand they don't want to become a mecca for "trailer-trash nekked people"--like that is ever going to happen. Yeesh, people change their kids at public pools too and they don't have people doing dope in the shallow end.

Good grief.

Ceepa
08-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Yeah, I think he could have just let you finish getting your DS dressed and out of there. You were obviously getting him set to leave.

Maybe he was bothered that your DD was still in the pool after the final whistle was blown to get everyone out.

gatorsmom
08-08-2007, 06:12 PM
Boy, hope that guy never goes to Europe. His conservative butt would be pretty disgusted at all the naked babies running around on the beach- not to mention the topless women. He could be damaged for life!!!

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005
and surprise! twins due 11/07!

Nicsmom
08-09-2007, 09:26 AM
Good point! I could not agree more.

Cristiana
08-09-2007, 11:22 AM
I don't know. It certainly could have been delivered better, and I do see how you were being pulled in all different ways, but I've never been to a pool that allows deck changes. And I'm not even just talking about nudity, I'm referring to changes behind a towel. DH has many years in aquatics and now runs city public pools, and it is a huge no-no to do deck changes. So I can certainly see this facility having that policy, but it is frustrating when it is not equally applied. :)

StantonHyde
08-09-2007, 02:02 PM
But if it is a policy, you would post it somewhere? Or is it just a community standard? HOw does your DH communicate this to people?

I don't want to purposely break the rules. I am just going for convenience.

Cristiana
08-09-2007, 03:57 PM
I completely understand. It is posted at the facilities, and in the pamphlets for the pools. It was really hard to enforce, according to him because each manager at the pool was being as lax or strict about it as they wanted until he got after them.

If it's not posted at the JCC, then I wouldn't say you were breaking rules, and like I said, the message certainly could have been delivered better by the guard!