PDA

View Full Version : DS, Please, please, please, please, please.....

elizabethkott
08-22-2007, 10:09 PM
Be a good little monster and SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT again?!
As in, don't wake up at 2:30.
And again at 6.
This won't cut it when school starts up again, so let's practice some good sleep habits now, hmm?
'Cause Mama's tired. Even though Papa seems to think that he's *more* tired because he has to "work". (Because taking care of a little monster *isn't* work?!)
And Mama's already stressed out from Grandma freaking out about Great-Grandma's 90th birthday party this weekend.
AND (TMI warning!!!!!) since Mama just got her first period in a year and a half this morning, her face is breaking out ALL OVER THE PLACE, which is only adding to the stress of the 90th birthday party and the knowledge that there will be many, many pictures taken on Saturday and Mama's not so happy about that for a variety of reasons, the skin condition only being the most recent development....
So please. STAY ASLEEP.
I'm begging you.
I'll even feed you double doses of pears tomorrow.
I promise.
Just STAY ASLEEP until the decent hour of 7am.
Love,
Mama
PS. I won't even hold the fact that you sneezed sweet potatoes all over Mama and her new pair of khakis from Ann Taylor Loft in the smallest size Mama's been able to wear since having you against you. I swear. Just sleep through the night again, my monster!
PPS. You're also very cute when you sleep and I love you to bits.
:)

JoyNChrist
08-22-2007, 10:23 PM
>'Cause Mama's tired. Even though Papa seems to think that he's
>*more* tired because he has to "work". (Because taking care of
>a little monster *isn't* work?!)

Oh, I SO hear you! I've been getting this excuse a lot lately.

And the other one I love - "Well, I shouldn't have to get up with him because you've got the boobs and he always wants to nurse at night." So I'm storing all those bottles of EBM in the freezer for *what*, exactly?

(((HUGS)))

LarsMal
08-22-2007, 10:26 PM
Ugh...it must be a phase (let's hope) b/c DD is doing the EXACT same thing! It's driving me INSANE! She had finally gotten back on a great schedule and now she's waking up again. Is your little man crawling yet, or on the verge? I think that's DD's issue. She just started crawling last week, and sitting herself up. One night last week she woke up every half hour to hour. I would go in and she'd be trying to crawl in the crib or sitting up, not sure how to get back down!

Sending you sleeping vibes!!! Sleep, baby, sleep!

elizabethkott
08-23-2007, 07:28 AM
That may actually be what it is... because when he woke up at 3am (sigh) I went into his room and found him on his stomach - which he's never done in his sleep or in his crib before. He also had a rousing playdate with a bunch of babies around his age yesterday, all of whom were crawling(ish) and he was very interested in what they were all doing.
On the up side, it's 8:30 and he's still asleep after going down again at 3:30. I think he got in the bad habit of getting a bottle at this time a few weeks ago when his third tooth was cutting in. So I've been gradually reducing the amount of the night bottle, trying to train his little tummy to not be hungry at this hour.
I'm just hoping he's back to his normal schedule by the time I have to be up at 5:30 for work!