PDA

View Full Version : I miss my Crest Whitestrips

Happy 2B mommy
08-24-2007, 05:14 PM
I can't believe how yellow my teeth are. DH and I are celebrating our 5 year anniversary in a few weeks and I don't think I can face being 25 pounds heavier AND having yellow teeth. Is it too much too ask for a safe teeth whitener???

tarabenet
08-24-2007, 09:28 PM
Carrie, I'll bet you are still the sexiest and most beautiful thing on earth to him. Try to kep that in mind and enjoy your celebration. It will just make you that much hotter in his eyes, too. Congratulations!

DrSally
08-25-2007, 12:40 PM
Ditto! Can I ask what's wrong with the crest whitestrips, though? I did avoid them while preggo and Bfing just to be safe, but is there something else dangerous about them?

LBMommy
08-26-2007, 01:21 PM
I asked my OB about them and he said it was ok, as long as I was careful to stick them just on my teeth and avoid the gums as much as possible. Plus, I spent the whole "waiting time" spitting, and rinsed like crazy afterwards. So, as you can tell, I did use them - one box - while pregnant. I was still kind of paranoid, but, like you, I just wanted to be a little pretty!!

Have a great anniversary celebration, though, no matter what color your teeth are!!!

Jen

Happy 2B mommy
08-26-2007, 07:10 PM
There is nothing unsafe about the whitestrips, but I'm still breastfeeding and there is the *If you are pregnant or nursing...* warning on the box.

Maybe I'll use them and just be very careful with the application. Thanks for sharing what your dr. said. I felt silly calling my doctor over something not really medical. I don't need a super white smile, but just a little something to help with the decaf coffee stains. I just want to look/feel pretty. DH says I look great, but he's biased.

And we will have a great anniversary. Thanks, everyone.