PDA

View Full Version : How long would you wait?

GlindaGoodWitch
09-04-2007, 04:59 PM
OK so I bought a Halo sleep sack off a brand new member on ebay on August 20th. Paid right away. Emailed her on August 29th to ask her when she put it in the mail. She said (on Aug 30th) "last week".

I still don't have it.

She's in NC & I'm in TX and I'm taking into consideration the holiday.

Granted we're talking a grand total of about 12 bucks here, but how long until I email her again? How long (if I still don't have it) before I try to get my $$ back through PayPal?

Shoulda just paid the extra 7 and gotten a new one from BRU. I hate that.

s7714
09-04-2007, 05:17 PM
Usually USPS says 7-10 days for general packages, so considering the holiday it might still be on it's way. I'd probably still email her again if you don't see anything by Thursday and ask for a more exact shipping date. Even if she doesn't remember, she should have at least kept her receipt which she could get the date from (and so she could prove she sent it).

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org

dotgirl
09-04-2007, 05:24 PM
I usually try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, and when you factor in holidays & weekends, 7-10 days can take more like 2.5 weeks.

However! If you paid via PayPal, remember that you only have 30 days from the date of payment to dispute the charges - something to be aware of, just in case.

GlindaGoodWitch
09-07-2007, 02:47 PM
I emailed her again. Nothing in response OR in the mail and now she's removed her Ebay account...

I just have a funky feeling about this.

I'm thinking I'll start they PayPal process now. Wouldn't you?

clc053103
09-07-2007, 03:02 PM
I think I would start the process- the fact that she removed her Ebay account gives me a very bad feeling. So sorry- that really stinks.

s7714
09-07-2007, 04:40 PM
Sounds fishy for sure. Start the PP process and contact the Ebay fraud dept. as well.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org