PDA

View Full Version : Don't order from Breakout Bras!!!!

mamicka
09-07-2007, 09:42 AM
I'm *fuming*!

I ordered 4 nursing bras from them. 3 of them were the incorrect size, one fit. I didn't even need to try on the 3 that didn't fit - they were obviously too big. I wore the one that fit & the clasp broke that first day. I emailed them & they said it would be replaced. I sent them back, all in their own plastic bag. I accidentally left nursing pads in the one that I wore & the *entire* return has been rejected - they won't even replace the defective item! How does that make any sense??? I just talked to someone in CS & they say that's their policy, yada, yada, yada. She says the nursing pads were left in a different bra - totally not tru since I DIDN'T EVEN TRY THEM ON! *This* is what I need with a newborn, crappy CS from a company that caters to post partum women!

DO NOT order from Breakout Bras!

Allison
DS1 2003
DS2 2005
DS3 2007

aa2mama
09-07-2007, 06:05 PM
I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with them. That sucks! I have been meaning to write a negative review for them in the Cyberbaby forum because I, too, had a terrible experience with them. I don't know what happened because they used to get glowing reviews.

Can they actually produce for you written proof that they have such a policy? Did you use Paypal?

I ask because I finally resorted to filing a Paypal mediation. Breakout Bras bullied me and told me that I had to drop my Paypal dispute in order to get a refund (and what would you know, they said it was *their policy*!). I had a great experience with Paypal's customer rep and ended up getting my refund.

mamicka
09-07-2007, 08:31 PM
I *did* use Paypal & I've been regretting it because I think it would have been easier to dispute if I had used my CC.

I did file with Paypal but I'm not too optimistic so far. I also received an email from Breakout Bras saying that they'd give me a partial refund *if* I drop my Paypal dispute. I want to talk to someone at Paypal first, but haven't found a number I can call. Do you have a number for Paypal or did you email them?

I was beginning to think that I was going crazy with this situation - thanks for posting your experience, it has restored my confidence. Although I'm sorry that this has happened to you as well.

Thanks Heidi!

Allison
DS1 2003
DS2 2005
DS3 2007

aa2mama
09-07-2007, 09:20 PM
Yeah, Breakout Bras tried hard to get me to drop my dispute before issuing me a refund. I emailed them back Paypal's policy advising not to close a dispute until it is resolved 100% to your satisfaction since it cannot be re-opened.

Some of the comments that Breakout Bras made to me (both on the phone and in email) were so rude they about left me speechless. If they treated you anything like me... Geez, I hope the karma comes around to bite them.

I ended up calling Paypal. The only number I can find on their website now is 1-402-935-2050. I can't remember if this is the phone number that I called, but I found that number just now by logging onto Paypal, clicking at the help link at the top of the screen, and then the contact us link.

Anyhow, the customer service rep at Paypal (Matthew) agreed that I should not close the dispute, and he was key in getting our situation resolved.

Good luck!

mamicka
09-08-2007, 09:12 AM
Thanks again Heidi!

Funny, nothing shows-up at all on the Paypal contact us page for me. Thanks for the number & the luck.

Allison

tamie
09-09-2007, 07:11 PM
I am so sorry that you both had trouble with them. I had used them when my twins were born and didn't have trouble and since it is so hard to find nursing bras in larger sizes, I thought it could help.

I will definitely STOP and recommendations for them.

I hope you get your disputes worked out! Good luck!