PDA

View Full Version : They just don't get it.....

StantonHyde
09-12-2007, 02:36 PM
I forget exactly how this came up with DH, but I think it was something about me finally adjusting to my post-children body and accepting that I am not going to look like I am 29 when I am 42 even though I am running my ass off and lifting weights. So I say, *I realize I need to adjust my expectations, but you have to understand that it's hard adjusting to the fact that you have a whole new body, that changed in ways you just couldn't imagine*. And DH says, *Tell me about it, just getting older is hard. I haven't exercised consistently in 2 years.*

Like that is ANYTHING like being pregnant and breastfeeding. Like he has ANY idea what it is like to give 4 years of your physical body to carrying and feeding two children. Like he would understand that your body changes FOREVER-- having your ribcage expand an inch, your feet increase a size, and having to run to the bathroom to pee. Are they out of their $&*(()^%## minds!!!!!!!!! It would be ok if they realized that they just don't get it--but they don't!!!!! AAAARGH.

newnana
09-12-2007, 02:41 PM
sing it, sista!

elizabethkott
09-12-2007, 04:01 PM
Oh, ay-MEN, sista.

DH: Hey, these shorts are really loose!
Me: Yeah? Did you used to wear them with a belt or something?
DH: Nope. I just lost seven pounds by not eating potato chips and cookies.
Me: $^%@ you.

It's like adding insult to injury that not only do they not get it, but that they don't get that men lose weight easier than we do. I'm with you - trying to climb the stairway to nowhere on the stairmaster and not seeing the results I *should* be seeing. Just cut out potato chips and cookies?! Do you know the last time a potato chip saw the inside of my mouth?
Stupid. They're just STUPID.

egfmba
09-12-2007, 05:42 PM
Hallelujah! Preaching to the choir, my friend, preaching to the choir. DH said Britney looked fat for her VMA performance and the first thing that popped to mind was, "Well then I wonder what you think of me!?" I wish I looked like Britney!

Men seem to lose more brain cells as they get older (at least in the part of the brain that controls these types of statements). That's my take on it.

eva

Marisa6826
09-12-2007, 05:59 PM
Liz-

I think you need to secretly take those shorts and have them altered so that they're a size or two too small and not say a single word. Just totally act like you have NO idea that anything would be different about them at all.

OMG, I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall the next time he tries to put them on.

Please for me. Could you do it? I bet there's a bunch of us that would chip in for a seamstress if you don't know how to do it.

Muahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa

-m

g-mama
09-12-2007, 06:57 PM
My DH said Britney looked fat and jiggly at the VMAs, too. I was speechless. I mean, I know a lot of people are talking about that, but sometimes I feel like you have to know your audience, kwim?

So of course I'm thinking how he must feel about my "fat and jiggle" which is nowhere near as pleasing as Britney's!

When I said something, he said, "Well, you're not prancing around in a bikini!" Yeah. That helped.

~Kristen

Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03
Marco 12-05

LarsMal
09-12-2007, 07:15 PM
It's so nice to know I'm not alone! My favorite is, "Man, we're looking SO old and tired!" Speak for yourself- jack a$$!!!

On the Britney thing...I'm so tired of people (especially men) saying she looked "fat". Should she have been wearing THAT outfit with her current figure for all the world to see- heck no, but she is not FAT by any means. I've seen women on the beach at at the pool trying to pull off bikinis with figures worse than hers.

gatorsmom
09-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Since I have a consistant history of bashing my husband on this forum, I should take the the occasional opportunity to defend him (especially since he now has my username and may be reading this).

DH thought that Brittany looked great for having had 2 children. He did think her performance lacked badly, though. And he is always telling me how sexy I look - even 6 months pregnant with twins!! (of course, he's a charmer and is probably just trying to get a little).

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005
and surprise! twins due 11/07!

StantonHyde
09-12-2007, 07:34 PM
To DH's credit--he does keep telling me I look fine, that I am in shape, and that there is no way in he&& that I need, nor should I consider, a tummy tuck.

It's just that he has has no idea what I am working with here!!!!

elizabethkott
09-12-2007, 08:21 PM
BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
That is the most HILARIOUS idea I've ever heard of.
EVER.
That would be the most wonderful, elaborate April Fool's joke EVER. To have all, ALL his pants altered in two inches.
Oh. My. God.
I may just have to do this.
:)
Hey, if I'm already going to h$ll in a handbasket, I may as well have some fun on the way down, right?

Marisa6826
09-12-2007, 08:30 PM
Well, if you start now, you could get the full two inches by April. ;)

I'll be sure to save you room, since I clearly have full VIP seating in hell tagged with my name. :P

-m

Marisa6826
09-12-2007, 08:32 PM
As an aside-

You're only in Port Washington???

Why did I not know that?? Girlie, you're less than an hour from me!

-m

elizabethkott
09-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Where in NJ are you? DH works in Millburn...

Marisa6826
09-13-2007, 12:12 AM
Nuh UH. I live in West Orange. One quarter-ish mile from Millburn.

Oooooh. You know what that means. I can go prank him FOR you. Hahhhhaaaaa!!!!!

Wanna come play?!

-m