PDA

View Full Version : Silly Bitches

buddyleebaby
09-14-2007, 09:32 PM
Add yours here!

I hate it when you go out for breakfast and they keep refilling your coffee cup before it is empty.
I appreciate the gesture, but unless you drink black coffee (which I don't), it messes up your milk and/or sugar ratio.

fortato
09-14-2007, 09:35 PM
Why can't they refill my bacon plate instead?

fortato
09-14-2007, 09:37 PM
And I'm tired of explaining things to people. If you're not going to listen, then don't ask me about it.

elizabethkott
09-14-2007, 09:47 PM
Could you explain that, please?
:)

I hate the people in the parking lot who steal parking spaces. If I've been patiently sitting here for five minutes to allow the elderly woman ample time to find her keys, readjust all her mirrors and seat, buckle her osteoporosis self into her seatbelt and then look for her keys AGAIN while I've got my blinker on and a screaming baby in the back seat objecting to my musical selection of AC/DC, then I think I deserve the spot over the 19 year old bleached blond smoking a cigarette listening to 50 cent while talking on her cell phone and applying mascara who just flew in out of nowhere at 90 miles an hour and jacked the space out from under me.
May she wake up one day 45 years old, wrinkled beyond repair, with an a$$ the size of Hackensack and fourteen kids all named some deviation of "Petey" screaming in the back of her pickup truck.

fortato
09-14-2007, 09:54 PM
Remember that scene in "Fried Green Tomatoes"?

Don't you just want to ram her car???
Or push a shopping cart into it...

bubbaray
09-14-2007, 09:56 PM
I just inhaled ice cream through my nose. Thanks!

I think I'm gonna dig out my Back In Black CD and try that on the Monday drive to daycare. Maybe that will scare the kids into submission....

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

bubbaray
09-14-2007, 10:00 PM
I hate it when Starbucks does not have my oatbar. HATE it. My local non-drive thru Starbucks has them, but not the closest drive thru. So, if I want one, I have to get both kids out of the van and schlep in there.

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

elizabethkott
09-14-2007, 10:33 PM
Hey - if the audio doesn't scare them, just show them a pic of Angus and tell them that's how you'll dress them for EVERY school picture from now until their senior year of high school.
That should do it.
:)
Totally OT, but is anyone else REALLY excited that Led Zeppelin is reuniting with John Bonham's son on drums? HelOOOOO?! LED ZEP, people! I'm ***this close*** to asking for plane and concert tickets for my birthday so I can see the gloriousness in London when it happens...

Jenny_A
09-14-2007, 10:37 PM
I posted in the wrong place.

cleo27
09-14-2007, 10:39 PM
I hate that my county (not just my town, but the entire county) doesn't have any Starbucks, except for a kiosk in Safeway grocery store! (not that I want them on every street corner, but one in each town would be nice)

Oh, and I agree with the coffee milk/sugar ratio!! :)

s7714
09-14-2007, 11:23 PM
I hate sitting down to my computer after a crankfest bedtime routine only to scratch at my itchy arm and discover one or both kids left boogers on me, which have now dried to a crusty blob. Uggghhhhh. Gross, gross, gross.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org

mama2g03
09-15-2007, 12:30 AM
I had to share this with DH who said "Amen!" The only thing he hates more than the coffee refilling is when it's done by some young thing 15-20 years his junior that calls him "hon" while she's pouring.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
09-15-2007, 12:48 AM
midafternoon traffic. I agree also with the coffee thing.

Marisa6826
09-15-2007, 07:34 AM
Have you seen that new commercial with the guy dressed like Angus while doing copies playing air guitar.

How f'ed up is it that I had to explain to my 43yo HUSBAND who the guy was dressed up as?! DUDE. It's ANGUS. Gah!

Then again, it's *me* doing the modified headbanging in the Volvo at red lights when Q104 is "Getting the Led Out". God help my children.

-m

LarsMal
09-15-2007, 09:07 AM
I'll play!

I hate when people block intersections or entrance/exits (with their cars, of course!). If you see that you aren't going to clear the intersection or entrance/exit to a shopping area then STOP at the light or leave space for cars to get in/out. It drives me nuts! So rude!

SnuggleBuggles
09-15-2007, 09:10 AM
I am so annoyed that my ice maker has finally decided to work. Strange to complain about, I know. But, I am craving ice big time right now (iron is a bit low but w/in normal for my midwives) and our ice maker used to make broken ice all the time or hollow ice. Now it makes real ice which is a lot harder to eat! Stupid ice maker. :(

I know there are more but this one is the biggest one now.

Beth

tarabenet
09-15-2007, 11:30 AM
Little girls (5ish to 12ish) hound poor Brett at the playground. He is learning to walk and climb and balance, and they want to push him and carry him and drag him and "help the cute little baby". Drives me nuts!

First off, he isn't little: he weighs at least half as much as they do.
Second, he wants to do things for himself. Let him!
Third, as far as they know, I'm the mommy. If the mommy is letting him do something, why do they think they need to make him stop? He likes climbing the little slide. He builds all sorts of coordination doing it. If no one else is playing there, I let him do it. And I'm always right there, with my hand hovering about an inch away from catching him. Generally the only time I *need* to catch him is when they are knocking him off balance by "helping" him.

And finally, this: doesn't anyone teach kids not to touch other people's faces? I work on this with Aubrey. "No poking faces" is a rule we have, and not touching faces without permission is a variation. But all these little kids swarmed Brett yesterday at McD's, fondling his face! Not just the interfering little girls, but also the boys. WTH? He threw up shortly after we returned home. So all those little kids may well have been exposed to whatever he has. And shame on me: I really don't feel very badly about that.

trumansmom
09-15-2007, 12:17 PM
I hate it when I write an entire lengthy post and accidentally delet it!!! Argh!!

But, I also hate it when I'm in a crowded mall, airport, sporting event or sidewalk and the nimrod in front of me suddenly stops. Makes me want to bop them over the head. Bonus bops go to the idiot who gets off an elevator and stops. Triple bazillion bonus bops with a swift kick in the ass or two to the freaking morons who stop in front of my children as they are getting off the escalator causing me to do all kinds of acrobatics and virtually levitate to keep my kids from falling down on metal, jagged, moving stairs and being trampled on by hoards of people who have NOT stopped. Grrrrrr.......

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

psophia17
09-15-2007, 12:45 PM
ITA!!! I like my coffee light and sweet, not messed with!

Mine - and it's NOT silly - wtf is up with people not holding doors open for women pushing ginormous double strollers with two sleeping babies inside? That's right, you just stand there while I open the door, hold it with my foot, maneuver the buggy through the door with only a hair of space to spare on each side, so as not to jostle the babies and wake them, and then I'll hold the door open for you, too, because it's easier for me to do everything than you to stick your hand out and hold the @#@#*($ door.

SnuggleBuggles
09-15-2007, 01:03 PM
When I was pg with #1 everyone was so nice. AS soon as the baby was born people stopped being nice. People wouldn't hold the door for me with the stroller. I got the feeling that they were thinking, "well, it was your choice to have kids. Why should I make your life any easier?" Some people are just mean. :(

Beth

npace19147
09-15-2007, 02:01 PM
I live in the city and walk everywhere, and I hate when people in their $%^&*& cars pull up and block the curb cuts I need to walk across the street with my stroller. No, I don't really want to levitate the stroller off the curb into oncoming traffic to cross the street. Thanks anyway though! grrrrrr.....

JBaxter
09-15-2007, 04:51 PM
Big one for the day... I need 2 packages of hamburger buns and 1-lb cheese slices 1 12pk of coke because I have 4 hungry teenagers playing XBox. Some << LOVELY LADY>> said with scarcasm who had half a cart full of groceries beats me to the 10 item or less line. YES it was empty YES there was 1 or 2 people waiting in the other 5 lines but there is a REASON it was empty lady its EXPRESS.

Kyras mom
09-15-2007, 05:29 PM
It bothers me that people can't put shopping baskets into the "return carts here" place.

1ceng1
09-15-2007, 08:38 PM
I hate it when people smoke around my kids in public. Keep your cancer causing toxins to yourself. You stink, that cigarette stinks, and it doesn't seem to bother you in the least that the rest of us do not want to develop emphysemia and die prematurely. Go smoke in your car. Oh, but then don't throw your bud out the window when you're done. The world isn't your ashtray.

gatorsmom
09-15-2007, 10:10 PM
I hate when I am VERY CLEARLY pregnant and someone rushes past me into the last stall in the bathroom leaving me standing there in pain. There is no guesswork involved here folks. I am either very, very pregnant or very severely deformed in my abdomen area. I don't look fat, I look very pregnant. So for God's sake, PLEASE, PLEASE, let me go ahead of you. But if you won't anyway, then at least have the decency to look guilty about it.

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005
and surprise! twins due 11/07!

Aunt to sweet baby boy
09-16-2007, 11:00 AM
A variation on the stroller issue:

When I am walking out of a coffee shop trying to hold Avi's hand and two drinks at the same time, or carry Avi and two drinks at the same time, plus his stuffed monkey, and you are trying to enter the coffee shop, please take 5 seconds and hold the door for me, and if I am being nice and holding the door for you despite all of the things I am carrying, please say "thank you". It is also not helpful when you stand there trying to decide whether to hold the door or not, and then decide to enter at the same time I am exiting the store.

And if you ask if Avi is a boy or a girl and I say "boy" do not say, "oh what a cute girl". I understand that he has long curly hair, but if I say he is a boy why don't you believe me?

Ilana, aka Nana to my sweet nephew Avi

http://lilypie.com/pic/070720/7cWO.jpg[/img]http://b3.lilypie.com/5BTxm7/.png[/img][/url]

Corie
09-16-2007, 01:32 PM
This totally weirds me out when it happens.

Corie
09-16-2007, 01:38 PM
Sometimes, if you catch me on an off day, I will say something to the person
like, "Hey, thanks for getting that door for me!" I am very sarcastic and the
person usually looks at me for a moment wondering why I am thanking them
and then realizes that I am being a b!tch. It makes me feel alot better.

elliput
09-16-2007, 02:50 PM
This and the person who blocks the exit door of a store while fumbling for their keys or checking their receipt, causing you and the three people behind you all with loaded carts to nearly take each others ankles out.

wencit
09-16-2007, 04:30 PM
I hate it when DH pulls the "work" card on me as an excuse why he can't do this or that. Yes, I know you have deadlines right now, but as long as you are physically at home and not in the office, can't you help me out a little? Just because I am a SAHM does not mean I don't work during the week, too. x(

On Friday, DH mentions that he is free all weekend to spend time with his family -- great! We spend a wonderful Saturday just relaxing and shopping and having a good time. Then today I ask him to help me around the house with the chores (and it's an absolute mess around here), and all of a sudden, he has "work deadlines" to deal with and logs into the office from home. He goes in there for about an hour, and then what does he do? Takes a nap because he's "too tired to think." I'm sorry, it's not my fault you stayed up until 1AM last night watching TV, when you know full well that DS wakes up at 6AM on the dot.

Grrrr. Now I'm off to finish cleaning the house while DH is still napping. x(

WhiteIris
09-16-2007, 10:11 PM
Ooh, may I join in? I hate being tailgated while driving. I absolutely hate it!!!! Not just rude, but also really dangerous!!

Here's a newie: I HATE it when people walk in front of you when you're looking at something at the supermarket and don't say "excuse me" or...at least an apologetic nod. I was raised to always, always say the big three: Please, Thank You and Excuse Me. It did me good. I will teach my daughter to do the same.

I'm going to differ on the coffee refill issue. I'd prefer getting my cream-coffee ratio messed up than to run out of coffee. Ugh. That I really hate. Best solution? Those diners where they give you a whole carafe of coffee so you can refill as needed yourself. Yay!

I'm with you on the elevator issue too. Argh. Walk dammit!!

babyready
09-17-2007, 10:08 AM
This is what I am always thinking or mumbling under my breath. Oh, I wish I had the courage to say it out loud!

happy2bamom
09-17-2007, 11:13 AM
OK, I really hate when I spend 12 hours watching the kids, cooking, cleaning, running errands, etc. Then DH gets home from work, and I continue to watch the kids, serve dinner, clean-up after dinner (while he "unwinds" from work on the computer). Then after getting the kids to bed, which usually involves going up and down the stairs 5 times b/c of various stall techniques they are attempting, I finally have a few minutes to myself to relax and DH decides that this would be a great time be frisky. Are you kidding me!!! I'm freakin exhausted and 14 hours of taking care of the family is not exactly an aphrodisiac!

VClute
09-17-2007, 12:33 PM
I craved ice, too - chewed it ALL DAY LONG. When I left work, I really missed the pellet-style hospital ice. But I found out that you can buy the pellet-style ice at Sonic by the BAG!! It's much easier on the teeth than home-made ice.

Amy in NC
mom to Dixon, born 2/14/05
...and Abigail Rose, born 4/7/07

trentsmom
09-17-2007, 01:05 PM
A few months ago, I went to get a cart that someone had left a few spaces from a cart corral. Know what was in it? A crisp $20 bill! Serves them right!

ha98ed14
09-17-2007, 01:08 PM
No one else has bitched about their kids, but I will!

I hate it when I am holding my baby with one arm and doing something else with the other (probably making a bottle) and she spits up on my shoulder (when I am wearing my last clean shirt) and then proceeds to rub her face in the spit up on my shoulder. Or when I am holding her on my lap and she is drooling or has spit up and she puts her hands in her mouth and then all over me and I get cold baby slime all over. Since I am lucky to get a shower every 2 days, this pisses me off.

SnuggleBuggles
09-17-2007, 01:17 PM
Ooh, thanks for that idea! I have been considering scoping out stores to see what bagged ice I could buy or just crushing some up in the blender. I'll check about Sonics in my area. :)

Beth

maestramommy
09-19-2007, 03:18 PM
Petra! I'm surprised! I thought Canadians were supposed to be so nice! I'm not being sarcastic!

psophia17
09-19-2007, 05:12 PM
It's not the born-in-Canada Canadians that I'm running into this with...it's the recent arrivals.

Of which I am technically one, which makes it even more annoying.