PDA

View Full Version : I hate moving

mariza
09-23-2007, 10:08 PM
5 moves in 5 years, hopefully this will be the last move for a looooong time.
That's all, I just needed to get that off my chest. I'm off to pack some more boxes now :(

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1" DD 1/05
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

lilycat88
09-23-2007, 11:19 PM
I hear ya! Although not 5 moves in 5 years, we just moved last week for the FIRST time in 5.5 years. Where the he!! did we get all of this crap!...and WHY? I've already stated that the next time I move it will be when I'm either dead, or have developed our familial tendancy toward dementia and won't care if dear Aunt Martha's lovely cut glass vase goes for the highest price at auction.

We moved 4 weeks after making the offer on the house, we weren't planning a move so nothing had been "sorted and tossed", not all of our stuff fit on the trucks, AND our old house didn't go on the market until a week after we moved so I had to keep going back to pick up more stuff and to clean it super well so it could be shown vacant so this was by far the most unorganized, craptatsic move possible.

I send you positive packing vibes and my utmost sympathy.

momtoonegirl
09-24-2007, 11:47 AM
I can also relate :-)

DH and I moved 2 times in 3 years, including a cross country move and again when DD was only 6 weeks old, both related to his job transferring.

We were lucky this time and found a great house with nice neighbors, good schools, and hopefully we won't have to move again for a very long time. Unfortunately, we still have a few boxes to unpack (a year later).

Moving is very stressful, especially with the children. When you finally get to your destination, maybe just unpack as you need things a little each day, instead of all at once, to help relieve the stress and sheer fatigue of everything.

Wishing you positive packing vibes and a safe move!

mariza
09-24-2007, 11:07 PM
So good to know I'm not alone! It seems like just yesterday I was posting on here asking for advice on movers for a cross-state move! Now we are moving within a state (from an apartment to a house...yeah!) I know what you mean about accumulating stuff, I accumulated a whole other person since we've been in this apartment and you know how much stuff a baby needs!
I love my little boy, but packing up all of DD's baby clothes I've found myself telling DS (who is only one and hopefully doesn't understand me :) ) "why couldn't you be another girl?" Of course then I think, "this won't look sooooo pink if I pair it with navy pants" lol.
The hardest part of packing up is not knowing if I'm done having babies, I'd hate to sell/ give everything away and then have DH tell me he's ready for #3!