PDA

View Full Version : ready to put an ad for a wetnurse on craigslist!

Laurel
09-27-2007, 01:09 PM
because this kid is driving me crazy! if he isn't nusing, he's screaming. his sister was the same. please remind me that this phase ends!

(i'm nak, obviously.)

tylersmama
09-27-2007, 05:21 PM
(((HUGS))), mama! It DOES get better. Those first few weeks are rough, though, that's for sure. Hang in there!

kozachka
09-27-2007, 06:29 PM
Hugs. It will get better.

masha12
10-02-2007, 10:23 PM
It does end. And, if the screaming is getting to you (it always gets to me), try the Happiest Baby on the Block's five "S"s

(1) swaddle (tightly, and wrap the arms so he can't move them)
(2) side or stomach (tip him on his side or face down when you hold him)
(3) swing (gently giggle his head -- note the use of "gently" here, this "s" is Swing not Shake)
(4) shush (babies like that shushing noise; do it as loud as they are screaming)
(5) sucking (a pacifier works, but a breast is not bad either).

I highly recommend the HBOTB DVD (never read the book, but I think the DVD tells you everything you need and you can probably find it at the library). I was skeptical when I started watching the DVD my MIL the pediatric nurse practioner gave me with baby #2 (she had just learned about it), but boy, it works.

almostmom
10-03-2007, 08:50 AM
What about trying Zantac? My daughter was the same way, and I finally gave in and tried it and it saved my sanity--

Hang in there, if it's started now, it'll be over by 12 weeks.

My mom always said to me - have you ever seen a one year old that only cries all the time? That always made me feel a little bit better too--