PDA

View Full Version : Trust Me.

psophia17
10-01-2007, 06:58 PM
You know, I'm really not interested in hearing how sucky it's going to be travelling across the country with two small children. I'm also not interested in hearing that the older one is going to run off in the airport, or that I'm not allowed to put the younger one down, or abandon our belongings, in order to go chase him down. Really. Not. Interested.

I'm also not interested in the commentary on how much I'm packing...or how little. Or how I'm not bringing enough diapers...or too many. Seriously. Not interested.

Nor do I care to hear that my plans to transport the kids, stroller, carseat, and back-pack sized carry on bag is going to fail, because I didn't plan it enough.

Have these idiots met me? I plan for stuff just like this all the time, so that if it sneaks up on me, I'm ready. That's what the whole BBB addiction I have is about - planning! I have planned. I have been planning for MONTHS. What makes them think I am totally unprepared for this adventure?

Trust me. I'm ready. Now leave me alone!

tarabenet
10-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Pass the bean dip?

Of course you're on top of things! And just think: soon they can just give all that useless advice to thin air, 'cause you'll be outta there!

And just FTR, I count myself among the very lucky that I get to see you on your first "Back to the U.S." tour! I can hardly wait!

ellies mom
10-01-2007, 07:53 PM
Big Hugs!!!

bubbaray
10-01-2007, 07:59 PM
Is this the ILs we're talking about?!

You'll be FINE!!

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

elliput
10-01-2007, 08:16 PM
Do they not realize you can buy diapers here in the US also?

You will be fine, as you have planned. :-)

lizajane
10-01-2007, 08:42 PM
if only diapers and snacks were on sale in almost every store in america... oh wait! they are!

dowlinal
10-01-2007, 08:50 PM
Some people just feel the need to constantly attempt to pee in everyone's cornflakes. These are the same people who tell you that you should enjoy it now because ....

maestramommy
10-01-2007, 11:49 PM
You will be fine! But wait, you know that already!

You have too much gumption for things to totally go south. I can't wait til you get back and tell them how smoothly it all went, and how the boys were angels most of the time.