PDA

View Full Version : hello, my name is liza

lizajane
10-01-2007, 08:44 PM
and i am a foodanddietdrpepperandicecreamalholic.

i need a 12 step program.

i have gained so much weight lately, my friends are going to start to think i am carrying twins. and i am not pregnant.

if DH would stay in town, or i would get all my work done, or my kids would let me sleep until 8am, or i got to work out everyday... maybe i could kick the habit.

but until the moons align, i think i am outta luck.

gatorsmom
10-01-2007, 11:07 PM
You might not be looking for advice since this is the bitching post, but I'm going to offer it anyway because you sound overwhelmed. My mentor gave me some great advice that might help you- You will never be done with anything. The trick is to just do a little bit everyday. Not a lot. Just a little. Try to keep plugging away at stuff- not getting it done. Because you'll never be done. Focus on what you can accomplish each day. Push your kids in the stroller for a half hour everyday to get some fresh air and exercise (whether they want to or not). A half hour is so short but can make a big difference. Work on your work stuff a half hour everyday (or more if you get the opportunity). Don't stay up late at night to do it. And take care of yourself. For your sake and your children's.

Or, if this is possible, cancel your orders and put your business on hold. Your children are so small right now that it's the time to enjoy them. And we all know how much work children this age are- especially if DH is out of town a lot. This would take a lot of pressure off you right now. It would reduce the stress on you and your family.

Be good to yourself. Remember, your children see you as their role model. Be honest and forgiving with yourself if you can't do it all. NOBODY can. And don't beat yourself up about it.

Big hugs. I know how hard it is to juggle everything.

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005
and surprise! twins due 11/07!

maestramommy
10-01-2007, 11:45 PM
((Big Hugs)) Liza! No advice here. I know you mentioned that after your younger one was born you were and are completely exhausted. Is that still the case? Have you been able to find out the cause? For some reason chronic fatigue syndrome comes to mind.