PDA

View Full Version : Chuck E. Cheese's

s7714
10-11-2007, 05:24 PM
I hate that place for so many reasons. If I get another invite in the mail for a birthday party there, I think I'm gonna scream.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org

SnuggleBuggles
10-11-2007, 07:19 PM
I already plan to apologize profusely to all the parents next summer b/c we agreed to let ds have his b-day party there. They're old enough now that it'll be a drop off party though, if the parents want. For my close friends I may offer to have them over for drinks at our place later. :)

My plan is to do it on a weekday night so hopefully it won't be so obnoxiously crowded (if I can, I will try for a weekday party b/c it is often just me and ds there). This is going to be the 1st time I don't do a small at home party. Of course, he has many months to change his mind! The other choice is a science center, which for me can be just as annoying as CEC (especially if crowded). :)

Beth

Melanie
10-12-2007, 11:18 PM
LMAO. I can't believe you go. Don't scream, make other plans very quickly. ;)

Ds still doesn't know what it is. There were a couple of play dates early on I had to excuse out of, that ended up there. I figured that was a precedent I didn't want to set.

We went to the miniature golf place last weekend. They force you to walk through the dimly-lit full of bright noisy flashing games arcade to get out back to the course. That was enough for me!

s7714
10-12-2007, 11:49 PM
I wanted to say no, but in the best interest of promoting DD's new friendships at school I caved and took her. And what did I get in the mail the very next day? An invite for another party there. Ugh. I haven't decided if we're going to that one or not.

Honestly if it wasn't such a magnet for unsupervised pre-teen brats behaving badly I might not mind it as much. Granted it's about as iconic of America's obsession with greasy food and cheap plastic junky toys as you can get, but if the children were at least decently behaved it would be far less irritating to go there!

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org

rupptopia
10-13-2007, 06:04 PM
I totally agree!
I went to a party downtown Chicago recently where the the cops were called to break up a momma fight! What role models for their children to follow!

The mom hosting was kinda embarrassed, luckily it wasn't too crowded that day & we had a corner off to ourselves. My DS loves the place though. . .

happy2bamom
10-15-2007, 11:30 AM
OK, I know that I am a germ-phobe, but that places just grosses me out. All of those kids playing with their dirty hands and then eating with the same dirty hands. Thinking about it makes my stomach hurt a little bit! Luckily, DS has no idea what it is yet. I know, my days are numbered. Would it be weird if I put gloves on him????:)

Melanie
10-15-2007, 02:43 PM
I don't see why your days are numbered. You're the parent, if you don't want him to go he doesn't go. My son is 6 and hasn't a clue what it is.

HallsofVA
10-16-2007, 08:46 PM
So far we've attended 1 party at CEC in Aug 2006, and I won't be sad if it's the only one. I think he wasn't quite 3, and was most excited about the toys that he could hold and put near his mouth (like the telephone, etc.) - only the most germ infested ones he could find!!

Seriously. He started getting sick in the car on the way home - sneezing, coughing, etc., and had been fine before we went! And it brought the whole family down health-wise for the rest of the summer. I was 6 months preggo at the time, and was not happy about being pregnant and sick!

We live right down the street from a CEC, but luckily since we send DS to school in another neighborhood so far we haven't had any school parties there. Yet.

C99
10-16-2007, 09:47 PM
...is the 7th circle of hell. But DS1 had a great time there at the last birthday party we went to. He wants to have his party either there or at Pump It Up. I have a couple of months to come up with a list of alternatives...