PDA

View Full Version : honest bridal shop in LA?

hspeer
07-31-2000, 03:06 PM
Can anyone make a recommendation of a fair and honest shop in LA?
All of the stores I have been to have dresses with no designer tags and/or dresses that are double retail price.

Help,

Heather

Jane76
08-17-2000, 01:40 AM
Hi Heather!

The first place I went to was ALL BRIDES OF CLAREMONT in Claremont on Foothill Blvd. I called ahead of time but I didn't need an appointment. They were very friendly. We arrived 30 minutes before closing and just intended to 'just look' but they told us not to worry. It isn't a large store however. It's the smallest place I've been to. When I asked for the designer the consultant said she wasn't sure, and she must have been telling the truth. I did check and they did have their tags on.

I didn't care for ALLUSIONS in Brea. The whole arrangement in the store was crowded. When I asked about the designers, the girl simply stated that they aren't allowed to say until you buy it.

MARRY ME BRIDALS in Aneheim Hills and MON AMIE in COSTA MESA: I'm not sure because I haven't the time to sneak a peak. Plus it's hard when you don't get much time alone. Although I was very happy with my experience in Marry Me.

Later on I shall venture to places in Glendale and Pasadena.

I've just started gown hunting. If you or anyone can share their LA experince - please do!

Hope I could help!

Jane

hspeer
08-17-2000, 02:17 PM
Hi Jane

I actually finally found my dress. A friend recommended Tamara's
Bridal in Los Angeles. They offer all of the dresses at 15% off retail price. All of the dresses have original tags. You can either purchase a dress off the rack or they can order it for you. I have ordered my dress and found them very helpfull. They also have bridesmaids dresses and veils. So far I would recommend them.

Places to avoid that I have been to:

Bridal Suite in Sherman Oaks and Euphoria in Studio City. Both places are very nice but they are charging at least double retail price.

Good Luck

Heather

benjes
09-13-2000, 07:34 PM
If you want to see a wide variety of dresses, Mon Amie in Costa Mesa is ideal. However, they rip out tags, feign ignorance of who the maker of dresses are, and mark up the prices. I ended up buying the dress I saw in Mon Amie out of state (North Carolina) for less than half the price.
[p]
-Candice

webbride
10-15-2000, 04:24 PM
I've been to Mon Amie and didn't care for them. They are so paranoid about people trying on dresses and then buying them elsewhere...probably because they know they overcharge. The first time I went, my mother and I were treated horribly! Luckily, they fired the salesgirl (not my doing) and the second person I had was much nicer.

I can tell you to stay away from a store in Huntington Beach called The Wedding Day. I ordered my dress very early and it was a good thing I did. I got it a month late and I also received my veil/headpiece 6 weeks late! They argued and bold-faced lied to me not just once, but on several occassions. And they never apologized once.

I did like a shop called Jinny's Bridal in Huntington Beach, 714-842-6440. It's a small shop, but I think I remember the tags being on most of the dresses. If they had the dress I wanted, I would have ordered from them. Plus, I think they do custom veils. And I think if you know the dress that you want, they can order it. In my case I didn't have the info. Sorry, I know this isn't in LA, but it might be worth a shot.

I also liked Brides International. They have a store in LA and in Huntington Beach. It's off the rack...but very good deals on the dresses. 3 of my friends bought their dress from them.

Good luck!

tigereyes
10-28-2000, 10:44 PM
Avoid, OH AVOID, Mon Ami in Santa Ana!! They rip tags out of dresses and blame it on designers; when the DA complains, they just pay the fine and keep right on doing it. Also, they charge a $50 search fee if you wish to return, and their customer service stinks, and...

GO GO GO to Jaclyn's, an amazing two-person wonder store in Santa Ana. I never met them before I ordered my dress from them, and they are astounding. See their entire collection right there, browse all you like, take photos all you like, total commitment to customer service, and if they don't have what you want, they will order it and bend over backwards if things go wrong. And they don't ask for personal information until you place an order!

PRINCESS_KIM
03-10-2001, 01:05 AM
What about Castles for Brides in Huntington Beach? Anyone have a positive or negative experience with them?

StacyRene
03-12-2001, 10:49 PM
At all costs avoid anything on Wilshire Blvd.& Ventura Blvd. (the Bridal Suite, Victorian Garden). The rent on these two blvds is outrageous so they prices are marked up sometimes more then half!

tigereyes
03-24-2001, 11:33 PM
My gown came in to Jaclyn's Bridal in Santa Ana one week early (hooray for Suzanne Ermann of Paris), and the shop was still great. The saleslady who sold me my gown had retired, so the owner attended to me personally. There were several other brides there, but everyone got personal attention and plenty of time. The alteration prices were average and the shoe prices the same as I've seen in shoe stores, so they're not gouging. Friendly, relaxed, and genuinely enthusiastic atmosphere.

Definitely go check out this wonderful store which understands what customer service means. It's hidden one block away from the giant South Coast Plaza Mall in a tiny little strip mall on South Plaza Ave.

ellink
06-26-2001, 07:34 PM
>Can anyone make a recommendation of
>a fair and honest shop
>in LA?
>All of the stores I have
>been to have dresses with
>no designer tags and/or dresses
>that are double retail price.
>
>
>Help,
>
>Heather

ellink
06-26-2001, 07:40 PM
Avoid White Rose in Pasadena. I bought my dress here. Everything seemed fine. I went in to get a swatch of the fabric -- the salesperson gave me a different color fabric. I told her that wasn't what I ordered. One woman told me the dress I had originally tried on, the one that was the color I wanted, had faded because it was in the window on display. I didn't believe her and pursued it further. I called, left messages and left notes. Everyone in the store told me I was a hysterical bride, but no one bothered to check with the manufacturer. When I called, the saleswoman hung up on me. 6 weeks after I inquired about the discrepancy, she finally spoke to the manufacturer and found out that although I told them I wanted a dress in IVORY, they had ordered the dress in CHAMPAGNE. I wasn't crazy, the dress hadn't faded -- THE STAFF WAS INCOMPETENT. It was too late to get the dress in the color I wanted. Avoid White Rose in Pasadena.

myoshida
03-07-2002, 02:16 PM
If you are willing to drive down to Orange County, definitely go to Jaclyn's Bridal in Santa Ana. They don't rip tags out, let you take photos and have great customer service. Also check out Jinny's Bridal Center in Huntington Beach. I found a dress I liked for $250! Its a small shop but they have a good selection of dresses at very affordable prices. I've also visited Bride's International in Huntington Beach. I've heard different things about the store. They definitely rip tags out and don't let you take photos. But the women who helped me was very nice and not pushy and I found a beautiful dress for $590.

Jungle Pam
06-15-2002, 01:56 PM
Has anyone heard about/used Rebecca Richards on Ventura Blvd? Almost went to Victorian Garden but heard they overcharge and do bad alterations.... Loved Jobyna's in Glendale (almost in la Canada) - very friendly and helpful!

renee jon
08-21-2002, 12:51 AM
Check out Renee Jon Designs 909-860-8842 or e-mail [email protected]

resaben
07-15-2003, 04:43 PM
Actually, when I went in to Mary Me in Anaheim Hills, every dress I tried on had its tag still on. Doesn't mean that other dresses were missing them, but all the ones I looked at had them.

The person assisting me was very nice and helpful, she actually showed me the tags when I first asked who the makers were on a couple dresses.

resaben
07-15-2003, 04:46 PM
A friend recommended them, so I went in to Castle for Brides. The service was nice enough, but I found that a couple PC Mary's dresses were several hundred dollars more than the websites out there were listing them as.

Also, the dresses I had time to check before the salesgirl whisked them away to a "waiting rack" were all missing their manufacturer tag. Some had a fabric content tag, but no maker tags.

gizmolaj
03-26-2011, 01:12 AM
Glamour Closet was the first store that I tried wedding dresses on, and though I didn't find a dress there, I had a great experience. The woman who helped me was really nice, and helped me to understand Bridal sizing, undergarments, etc. If you are really interested in getting a designer gown, but want a cheaper price, it is definitely a great option.

gizmolaj
03-26-2011, 01:15 AM
If you are considering a vintage themed wedding, you should definitely check out Unique Vintage. Not only do they carry authentic, well preserved vintage wedding dresses, they also carry really inexpensive recreations. They had two 50s style dresses for under 200 dollars. I was considering doing a 1920s themed wedding and I tried on flapper dresses there. It was a riot! By the end, my mom and sister were trying them on two and dancing around the shop. I had a great time.

gizmolaj
03-26-2011, 01:17 AM
I would not recommend this store. Though the sales woman was nice, and fit me in without an appointment, the selection at this store is awful. It was bad enough that they did not have anything that I liked, but on top of it all the dresses they did have we way overpriced. I would not have been comfortable with the quality of the dresses they offered.