PDA

View Full Version : Bridal Shops in Dallas

dfwbride
08-10-2000, 11:46 AM
Hello all,

I am a new to searching for a bridal dress. I am ready to begin "shopping" in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. I would like to be proactive and ask if anyone out there know of any bridal shops to stay away from? Also any come with good recommendations?
Thank you

angela98
11-02-2000, 01:46 PM
I have looked for dresses in the DFW area and have found a few good places. In Dallas, I went to Irene Gregory and Terry Costa and in Arlington, I went to Wedding World. Those are probably the top 3 from all the places I've gone. I would say avoid Bridesmart and David's. Everytime I've gone in either of those places the service was horrible. The people at Mockingbird Bridal in Dallas were not very helpful either.

I noticed you posted a couple months ago, do you have any findings to pass along yet? Good luck. :)

shelb68
01-29-2001, 03:15 PM
I know you posted this a long time back, but if you're still looking....

Lasting Impressions in Addsion (on Beltway off Beltline) is very good..it's a very small shop and service can be "iffy" but they had a nice selection and some different styles.

David's Bridal on Arapaho had pretty rude service - direct quote on a Saturday - "I suggest you find 4 dresses you really like because we have a maximum try-on of 4 on busy days..."

Bridesmart on LBJ at Preston - service was iffy but had a good selection.

Group USA Fashions in Grapevine Mills Mall - smaller selection but the service was excellent - they only had one consultant and 3 of us trying on gowns - she was cheerful & able to help all of us.

Good luck!

shelb68
01-29-2001, 03:16 PM
I know you posted this a long time back, but if you're still looking....

Lasting Impressions in Addison (on Beltway off Beltline) is very good..it's a very small shop and service can be "iffy" but they had a nice selection and some different styles.

David's Bridal on Arapaho had pretty rude service - direct quote on a Saturday - "I suggest you find 4 dresses you really like because we have a maximum try-on of 4 on busy days..."

Bridesmart on LBJ at Preston - service was iffy but had a good selection.

Group USA Fashions in Grapevine Mills Mall - smaller selection but the service was excellent - they only had one consultant and 3 of us trying on gowns - she was cheerful & able to help all of us.

Good luck!

meslgh
07-28-2001, 05:54 PM
I looked at Bridesmart's around town. Don't know anything about the service if you special order, but it sure is nice to try on a gown in your size. And some of them, you actually buy the gown you try on.

I ended up buying from Ocone's in Fort Worth. They have a really broad selection, price-wise. I think the owner is quite savvy about choosing to carry gowns that represent good value.