PDA

View Full Version : Bridal Factory Warehouse

aeshannon
08-13-2000, 02:14 PM
Near Allentown, PA. The woman who helped me, Heather, was phenomenal. I didn't think that my gown search would be so much fun (or quick). She listened to everything I said and after I tried on the dresses I had picked out from the magazines, she went downstairs and picked a dress out for me (which is what I ended up choosing). You try on, buy and take home the same dress and nothing is over $700. If you don't have all of the money, you can put half done and pay the other half within 30 days. This solves a lot of bridal gown nightmares.
The downside:
-My wedding isn't until May of 2001. And while I don't want to wait 5 months for my dress, the thought of my dress being in our apartment for the next 10 months is a bit disconcerting.
-They don't keep a regular stock of dresses. Which, of course, means that the dress that I love won't necessarily be there when I am ready to buy and take it home. Which is compounded by the biggest problem:
-They are tag rippers. The dress that the saleslady took out of the box for me to try on which had JUST arrived in the store had no identifying tags or marks. My maid of honor and I poured over the dress looking for *something* by which to identify it-nada.
Luckily, I took a VERY detailed look at the gown and made notes after I got in the car. I found it in Modern Bride's and have found it for $200 less than what they had offered it (which was the retail price listed on BridalGown.com).

So, in the end, the people are very helpful, their prices are exactly retail and I would definitely recommend this place to someone who doesn't want to go the internet/DBS route or needs something quick.

porcelina
09-18-2000, 08:51 PM
I visited the Bridal Factory Wearhouse this past weekend with girlfriend. Since many sample sizes fit me well (Lucky petite bride that I am) I found the selection for my size somewhat lacking. I was looking for a simple, unadorned or limited adorned gown for an informal beach wedding, If you are looking for the sequins and lace gown - or if you are a plus size bride it is probably worth it. I found the help to be okay - not overly enthusiastic but not rude either. The tag ripping was a little disconcerting as I have been to 6 other shops and had not encountered it. I met with expected resistance when I asked who designed a particular gown I was almost interested in - but I am certain that I have seen the gown elsewhere so I will probably keep looking. If they had told me who the designer was I might have bought the gown - provided I recognized the name. Instead I was disappointed with the secrecy and decided to press my luck in looking elsewhere.

Rene
09-27-2000, 05:30 PM
I was going to go to this place but ended up buying my dress at David's Bridal in Rockville, Maryland instead before I ever made it up to Allentown.

Whats the big deal with ripping tags out? *scratching her head* If you like the dress, who should care if the tag is inside it or not? I mean...are we buying "the dress" or are we buying the designer?

Nikita
10-02-2000, 06:35 PM
The "big" deal is that there is no way of confirming if the dress is indeed worth the inflated "designer" price or was instead, made in a a little hut in Asia for dirt cheap.. exporting it to a' la Salon Magnifique Rip You Off BridalUSA.
conviently awaiting its next innocent victim.. who of course,
will be led to believe: "Tags? You're buying a one of kind dress... darling"
What was really irritating to me.. is that when i asked a bridal shop today why certain dresses i was trying on didn't have tags.. is: Oh.. well, they come with their own design numbers" which we've labeled for you here. (She pointed to the IN STORE price tag.)

heather227422
12-11-2000, 10:35 AM
If you are referring to Bridaltown in Collegeville, PA - be warned - stay away. I drove 5 hours to get a "great deal" on one of the many "designer" dresses they had. (I only saw one dirty, stained big designer dress) I did find a dress that cost $650 and normally retailed for $1250. Luckily, they didn't have the size I needed out, do she had to go in the back and get a brand new, never tried on dress for me to purchase.
I left there happy that I was able to find a dress that I liked and could afford, and had never been touched. The local bridal shops where I lived had beautiful dresses, but I could not afford the $2500 price tags.

One month later, I stopped at a bridal shop about 20 minutes from my home that I was unaware of before. I did not get my headpiece at Bridaltown, because they didn't have a any that went with the dress. While browsing, I decided to look at their gowns. Sure enough, there was my dress. I thought I was so smart when I said to myself "HAH, I wonder what THEY'RE charging for it" The price tag said $595. I asked the saleswoman if this was a specially priced gown and she said that it was the normal price for that company's dresses. Don't forget I was actually buying off the rack at Bridaltown, and the bridal shop would have ordered a brand new one for less.
I then asked her what the alteration package cost (I already booked and was charged w/ Bridatown for $279) She said they don't charge a dime over $150. Thank God she told me to bring the dress in to her and that she would be glad to alter it. (She felt really bad.)I then called Bridaltown like a lunatic from a payphone on the street and let them have it. How dare they do this to brides. After 15 minutes of arguing, they finally agreed to refund me for the alterations that were booked for 7 months away. Idiots.

Please, please, please beware of these so called "warehouses" and "outlets" The more I checked into it, the more they seem to be scams.

cristalhill
04-18-2001, 01:06 PM
Heather,

I'm so glad you posted this warning. I just saw an ad for Bridal Town in the latest Brides magazine, and I was getting excited about going up there. Judging from your experience, it's not worth my time. I too live about 3 hours away.

So are there really not many "designer" dresses at all? I went to the website and found it interesting that they don't bother to tell you who any of these designers are?

Thanks again for the warning.