PDA

View Full Version : Jons Bridal in Tampa

CarolK711
08-29-2000, 10:32 AM
Went there a few weeks ago, VERY positive experience, found a gown I loved. They keep enough stock in MANY sizes, so that the gown you try on today, is the one you can take home, these gowns were very clean, nothing bad to say about the service in the place, had a great saleslady who was wonderful....

HOWEVER, they rip tags,and LIE about it, saying that since they are a "warehouse" the manufacturers "make" them tear out the tags, and they are not "allowed" to tell who the manufacturers are....

Well, regardless, I loved the dress, it was in the $600. range(which was right in line with what I wanted to pay), so I did buy it, I am hoping I wasn't too ripped off ::shrug::

I am in conversations with this company now, requesting that they TELL me the designer of the gown, since I do own it, and had to sign a form that swears on my mothers life (ok maybe not that drastic) that I would never attempt to return it.....
We shall see if they come clean about it!

I shall let you all know! :-)

Carol

CarolK711
09-12-2000, 07:33 AM
Well, here is the update, after 3 calls they finally did tell me the manufacturer of the dress.
They told me it was a Jacqueline dress, of course, I can't find a web page or any information on Jacqueline, though I did just see in my September newsletter a blurb on them. If anyone has any information on this company I would appreciate it, I would love to be able to get a catalog, or web site, so I could share the pix of the gown with some people.

Thanks

Carol

LadyC
09-17-2000, 07:04 AM
One of the gowns I am considering is a Jacquelin as well (the shop I went to, the consultant said the manager doesn't want them to tell the name until after you buy but she told me the name anyway). Since I want my mother to look at it (and she's on the other side of the country and the shop won't let me take a picture), I am having the same issue. I did find a website at www.jacquelin.com, but all it does is allow you to write an e-mail to them. I explained my predicament to them and I hope to get an answer soon. I'll let you know what happens....
Leslie