PDA

View Full Version : The best and the worst of bridal shops, both in Santa Ana, CA

tigereyes
10-28-2000, 10:53 PM
First there's Mon Amie in Santa Ana. What a nightmare! They rip tags out of dresses and claim the designers did it and there's nothing they can do about it. (Was I born yesterday?) Won't let you take photos, want too much personal information up front, want to charge a $50 browsing fee if you return!!! Inside info: the DA has gone after them for the illegal tag-ripping practice but they just keep paying the fine and keep doing it.

Then I found Jaclyn's Bridal in the same city. WOW! A two-person full service shop, and what a difference. Been in business for 22 years. Total commitment to customer service, take all the photos you want, take your time, no pressure at all, no personal information asked for until you place the order, and then it's just address and phone number. Salesclerk attends to just you, you can browse the whole stock at your leisure, if you don't see what you want they'll order it.

Lucy, one of the two women, even gave me her home phone number to call at any time for any reason.

Their number is 714-549-1493. And no, I didn't know them before I walked in and this is not a paid endorsement. They just knocked my socks off!

gizmolaj
03-26-2011, 12:44 AM
I also set up an appointment with Mon Amie Bridal, and had similar results. They were selling a Pronovias dress I had tried on at another shop for twice the price. Don't waste your time or your money at Mon Amie.

gizmolaj
03-26-2011, 12:49 AM
I went to Jaclyn's Bridal as well, though I did not have a good experience there either. The main problem was just that they did not have anything in the style I wanted, but there were other issues as well. I try to point out things I like and don't like about dresses so that the person assisting me can more easily find something I might like. In this case, the woman assisting me didn't seem to be listening. Also, there was a second woman who just stared at me the whole time as I stood around in my underwear between dresses. I would recommend this shop over Mon Amie, but that is not saying much.