PDA

View Full Version : Bridal shops in Baltimore

umd98
12-10-2000, 05:22 PM
Soon I am going to be shopping for a wedding dress in Baltimore, MD and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good one. Many of the designers I am interested in are sold at Bridals by Nikos and was wondering how anyone's experience was with them???

lw
12-31-2000, 04:36 PM
Hi. I had to stop by and give my reccomendation for an excellent shop in Towson called Kelly's Kollections. I bought my gown there in 1996, my sister bought her gown there in 1997 and my cousin bought her gown there earlier in 2000.

The service is excellent and the designers that are offered are first rate. I had no problems ordering or with alterations. I would highly reccommend them to you.

One note about Niko's -- my sister ordered a bridesmaids gown there several years back and had no problems with the store or the dress.

Good Luck!

katefoley
01-12-2001, 07:34 PM
I spent an afternoon at Betsy Robinson trying on dresses and I thought they were very kind and helpful. I have to recommend I Do I Do in Rockville, though. It's worth the drive to check it out. I almost bought a 2nd hand Priscilla gown that looked brand new and was 1/2 the price. They have tons of new and used gowns. Good luck.

umd98
02-13-2001, 01:25 PM
For any interested Baltimore brides, I went to Bridals by Nikos and was given wonderful service. They were honest and upfront with me. I told them my price range and the woman followed that without making me feel "cheap". They had MANY dresses and can order anything. In fact I saw a friend there with a bride and the bride was ordering a dress she found elsewhere (and it was a line that Bridals by Nikos did not carry) but received a better price from Bridals by Nikos. When I asked who made the dresses that I liked she told me and I could double check on the tag inside the dress. I had already shopped around in Louisiana (where I live) and knew what I was looking for so I did buy at the first store I looked at in Maryland. I wish all those looking the best of luck and highly recommend Bridals by Nikos. Oh, one more thing, I did not have to ask for any additional information to be added to my receipt, it was already included. Now I just have to sit back and wait for the dress to arrive.

umd98
02-13-2001, 01:25 PM
For any interested Baltimore brides, I went to Bridals by Nikos and was given wonderful service. They were honest and upfront with me. I told them my price range and the woman followed that without making me feel "cheap". They had MANY dresses and can order anything. In fact I saw a friend there with a bride and the bride was ordering a dress she found elsewhere (and it was a line that Bridals by Nikos did not carry) but received a better price from Bridals by Nikos. When I asked who made the dresses that I liked she told me and I could double check on the tag inside the dress. I had already shopped around in Louisiana (where I live) and knew what I was looking for so I did buy at the first store I looked at in Maryland. I wish all those looking the best of luck and highly recommend Bridals by Nikos. Oh, one more thing, I did not have to ask for any additional information to be added to my receipt, it was already included. Now I just have to sit back and wait for the dress to arrive.

VAbride
03-12-2001, 11:22 AM
i DID buy a second-hand priscilla gown from i do, i do. i love this dress. i don't really know what it retailed for, but i paid $800 (it had to be at least $1500 new). my wedding is in a month and i just ordered my veil from i do, i do as well. they do custom fitting. i don't know what veils sell for normally, but i'm getting a two-tiered, elbow length veil with satin-cord edging...and a comb w/austrian crystals...for $168. i think that's a good deal, but i haven't seen much in the way of veil price comparisons.