PDA

View Full Version : Allusion's Bridal in S. California

01-29-2001, 05:33 PM
I had an awful experience there. I tried on a few dresses and found one that I really liked, but it was the first that I tried on. When I went back to make my desicion the person that helped me had not put my name in the computer, and they didn't have my paperwork anywhere. When they tried to search for the dress they did not find it. When they called the woman she gave them the number and then they told me that the sample was sold and it was discontinued. None of this information was given to me when I first went to try on the dress. Their customer service is awful and they tear the tags out of all of their dresses. I discourage anyone from buying thier dress there.

PRINCESS_KIM
02-28-2001, 06:07 PM
I wanted a gown made by Private Label by G/Ginza Collection but the dress had already been discontinued. I decided to call around and see whether or not any of the bridal shops still had it. Allusion's still had one...a size 12=too large for me and ivory=wrong color. Since I called them with a specific designer and style, I knew who made the dress but when I looked for the tag just out of curiousity...the tags were torn out. In addition, they wanted $790 for a dress that retails $300-350!!!!! I couldn't believe it.

PRINCESS_KIM
02-28-2001, 06:08 PM
When I asked about alterations, they wanted $75 to take the dress up from the shoulders, $85 for taking the dress in on the sides and an additional $95 for hemming the dress!

StacyRene
09-14-2001, 01:58 PM
I am surprised hearing these things about Allusions in Brea. I went in on a Saturday with no appt. and was able to spend 2 hours with a consultant (mind you it was busy - about 5 other brides)and tried on close to 10 different gowns. Every gown I tried on had a label too! I had brought photos of 4 different gownsand was happy that they had samples of all 4. I had found out the average retail proces of all 4 gowns before hand and the prices Allusions were charging were reason- some were even lower then the prices I found online. I ended up ordering a St. Patrick gown for $700 and the lowest I was able to find online was for the same gown was $685 + shipping costs. My dress is not due to be delivered til Janurary so I'll post my final experience after that. As far as alterations, they have a complete list of all alterations available and the costs posted in several different places around the cash wrap so you know what to expect. I think if you have a lot of beading then you should expect to pay a little more then usual at any alterations shop or salon. Good luck to all!

lasse
09-02-2005, 08:31 PM
I agree.

I tried on several dresses there. The sales woman was helpful while trying on dresses. However, when I asked for the style number of the dress I liked, I was given the wrong style number. When I went later to other stores (online and full-service) to prices compare, none of them recognized the style number I provided. LAME!