PDA

View Full Version : Honest bridal shops in Connecticut/Western Massachusetts

kroderick
02-16-2001, 05:54 PM
I'm getting married in April, 2002 and am starting
my dress shopping soon. I'll be looking in Connecticut and Western Mass. Does anyone know of an honest bridal shop in that area? Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

gmurray
02-16-2001, 06:22 PM
Julie Allen in Newtown, CT is fantastic. They have a big selection, their prices are reasonable, and their service is great. They are totally honest and I have had no trouble with them. If you are looking for a high end or couture gown try Brides Only Boutique in Wilton. They were out of my price range but very impressive.

Stay AWAY from Josie's and the Plumed Serpent in Westport. Josie's has terrible service and the Plumed Serpent also has bad service, but is overpriced and they rip their tags as well.

Hope this helps.

sdyoung
02-21-2001, 03:15 PM
Hi,
I am a wedding consultant from Indiana.
I know of a wonderful bridal boutique in Connecticut. Special Occasions Bridal House. Kathleen and Brian Testa 203-234-2122. Excellent service and great prices. I buy from these people all the time.

Be blessed!

Sean

pearlr2
06-07-2001, 12:54 PM
I recently went bridal shopping in Conneticut at The Bridal Mall in Niantic. Although I did not buy from this salon, I was very impressed with the way I was treated and with the selection. (My friend bought dresses for her entire wedding party there and the dresses came on time and the alterations were done beautifully.) There is a couture room and a regular room. They are completely forthcoming with dress information, are reasonably priced and actually keep the original tags in the dresses. I recommend making an appointment for the couture room and then looking at the regular room, too. There is really a wide price variety and there are couture samples on sale on a rack quite often. Also, the regular room features dresses to try on in a large variety of sizes (even sizes in the twenties) so you can really get a feel for how a dress will fit you.

Here is the information:
The Bridal Mall
6 Liberty Way
Niantic, CT 06357
Collection / Couture

Good luck!

marriedinrochester
07-23-2003, 12:26 PM
I live in Western Mass amd I wen to the Bridal Corner in Chicopee and they were really nice. I am buying my gown thru DBS amd I wanted to try it on just to make sure (and to show my mom). The were no prussure and very polite. The day I went htey were busy and weren't able to get ot me right away,b ut the did aploglize munerous times. When I tried it on they left my mom and me alone for a few minutes to discuss and then they didn't pressure me to buy or to put a deposit down. The gown was also very reasonable, I thought it was going to be hundreds more. This is the only place I hae looked at in Western Mass,but I owuld recommend it.
Good Luck