PDA

View Full Version : Help in Raleigh, North Carolina

mpelagio
06-22-2001, 04:29 PM
Hello,

Do you have recommendations on where to get great service at a reliable Bridal shop in Raleigh, North Carolina (or surrounding areas)?

Please help!!!

Thanks!!

LNapoli
07-02-2001, 09:37 AM
You should check out Traditions in Chapel Hill. Their dresses are beautiful and the service is great. They specialize in couture gowns, though (gowns range from $1700 - $4000).

If you are looking to spend a little less than that, you should check out Victorian Rose Bridal. They focus on the middle price range ($1000 - $2000) and are VERY friendly.

JZfromNC
07-11-2001, 02:18 PM
I definitely second going to Victorian Rose if you can afford a dress in the 1200-1500 price range. They are SO nice there and have beautiful quality gowns. If that price is too steep, take the time and travel to Burlington (www.bridalmart.com) or Charlotte (www.kristylynnbridals.com). (Kristy Lynn carrys some high end gowns at discount as well as cheaper dresses)
I personally would NOT buy a dress at The Bridal Boutique of Raleigh. I saw a gown there that was marked at $1900...I knew it was over priced and then saw it at The Bridal Gallery at Mac Gregor for $800!!! (The recommended retail price from www.bridalmarketplace.com was $700).
The Bridal Gallery at MacGregor has some great dresses and the people are very nice as well!
I am going to check out Enchanting Moments in Fuquay and Meckenburg Bridal in Charlotte as well.
Wherever you go....check the prices at another source before ordering!

miki7
01-04-2002, 10:08 PM
From the word on the web, brides might think there are no good shops in NC. They might think differently if they go to a small shop in Raleigh called A BRIDAL WORLD. The staff there treat you like family - no, not like the dreaded in-laws but rather like a favorite cousin. They tell it like it is, not what they think you want to hear. Wedding gowns run small so they encourage you to go up a size or two. If you look like you are not excited about a gown, they don't bother trying to sell it to you. But if you look good in a dress, I mean really GOOD, they get just as excited as a best friend would and they want the entire staff to see how good you look.

The shop is really unique. It is located inside a consignment shop called AROUND AGAIN and I only noticed it because of the wedding gowns I saw in their window on my way to DAVID'S BRIDAL which is just down the street from them. Apparently they started out as a maternity and children's consignment store, but they have really found their niche in the wedding gown business which they say they are planing to separate from the consignment store. They had alot of the major brand names and their wedding gowns were brand spanking new. They say that their gowns are overstock, therefore they can (and do) sell them for less. All gowns were in protective bags and only staff are allowed to zip up the gowns so that they can't be ruined by over-zealous or completely deluded brides trying to fit in a gown made for someone half the size. Their selection is incredible. They probably have over 1000 gowns alone in stock ranging in sizes 2-28, not to mention the veils, jewelry, and even evening gowns and prom dresses. The staff has really good taste, too. They recomended a gown I didn't really feel like trying on - and it turned out to be THE ONE - and helped me match up the perfect tiara, veil, and jewelry. And I was able to take my dress home that day since they sell their dresses off the rack. The total cost: $650. When I got home I looked up the dress on the web and it turned out to be worth over $1500.

I think the only word of caution I have to say about this store is that they do tend to get very busy on Saturdays since you don't need an appointment to come. So if you can, try to come on a weekday.