PDA

View Full Version : Internet purchasing

Leonie
06-25-2001, 12:49 AM
Hi everyone,

I am about to order my dress over the internet. Does anyone have any comments to make about the following:

Pearl's Place
gownsales.com
DBS

Thanks

Leonie

Affordable Dreams
06-27-2001, 04:23 PM
if you want I would be happy to give you a quote from a DBS rep. I am working with two list members. Let me know.
Chrissy
Affordable Dreaams By Christine
A DBS dealer

Dyonia
06-27-2001, 09:08 PM
I ordered my gown through DBS -- it was fast and practically hassle-free! I saved a bundle -- nearly 50% off the retail price of my Maggie Sottero gown!

If you order from an out-of-state rep, then you don't pay sales tax, either!

I didn't want to order from Pearl's Place because of the horror stories I've read. I know some ladies here have had fantastic experiences with Pearl's Place, but I didn't want to take that chance. I felt DBS was less of a risk for me, expecially beacuse my rep was friendly and prompt in answering emails. Pearls' Place will not give quotes via email for certain designers. That's all well and good, but I didn't want to end up with a huge long-distance bill because I called them and got stuck on hold forever.

Best of luck!
--Donna

cameroncrazy
06-28-2001, 03:20 PM
I had a great expierence with Pearl's Place. Not only did I save over $300 on my gown, it came in one month early! I recommend them

lisarab
06-30-2001, 01:05 PM
I had a wonderful experience with Pearl's Place. Great service and lots of suggestions and help with my wedding plans. I think they will just work out fine for you.

Good luck!!

Affordable Dreams
07-05-2001, 06:16 PM
Please be aware that DBS received high marks from Denise and Alan Fields since their first printing. :) That speaks for itself.

navarrk
07-13-2001, 09:09 PM
do you carry eve of Milday designs? if so can you please give me the price for style # 4092 and 6057? thanks

crystalcooke
08-17-2001, 03:26 PM
Please, do not use Pearl's Place! I am struggling with them now and it has been a terrible experience. Please see my posting on the Bridal Gowns discussion. I have heard from two other brides just in my office who had similar, awful experiences with this vendor. The place is just up the road from where we all work. Every time I go in there it's chaos. They didn't even help me when I went in to pick up my dress after alterations. I left with it and they didn't notice. It was also not altered and I have to pay someone else to do it, because I am certainly not putting it back into their hands!

You do not need this stress over your dress with all the other stuff you're probably going through during the wedding planning. The bargain simply isn't worth it.

KarenBainbridge
08-18-2001, 01:39 PM
I love Pearl's Place, totally. Both ordered on the web and visited the store. Courtney and Elaine are just fabulous. I received wonderful service, great prices and help. By the way, when I was int the store they were very busy, but I would not call that "chaos" as they do have a wonderful business. So many designers are carried there. I think that they are a real treasure for all brides, near and far.

lisarab
08-29-2001, 02:41 PM
I was extremely happy with Pearl's Place :D All of my business with that store was professionally handled. I purchased several thousand of dollars of merchandise and every thing was totally perfect. I have a number of friends who have had the same experience and I think the store is a real find for every bride on the internet.

PRINCESS_KIM
08-29-2001, 10:18 PM
I tried Pearl's Place and I was not able to get a quote via email because of some confidentiality policy they had. I called several times and was placed on hold for a very very long time! They are based in Louisiana...I am calling from the other side of the country! Then, I was told, "We will not be able to order that dress for you."