PDA

View Full Version : I found a great seamstress in Yonkers, NY

Riva
07-17-2001, 05:27 PM
For any of you in Westchester County, NY who are looking for someone to do alterations, or in my case, a dress makeover, I found a great seamstress who works very hard at affordable rates. Her name is Denise Pollack and her telephone number is 914-423-0819.
I am going to be ordering a Moonlight gown that has long fitted sleeves with a V-neck. I like the beading and that it has an A-line silhouette. I was trying to find an off-the-shoulder design that has an A-line and I couldn't -- it seems all off-the-shoulder gowns have ballgown skirts. Anyway, she is going to reconstruct this dress into an off-the-shoulder gown. Throw in the work she'll need to do to blend in the beading and lace, bustling and maybe some work on the hem, and she gave me an estimate of $300. It may sound like a lot, but I want a lot of work done, and with buying the dress online, I will still come out ahead.
In case anyone wants to see the gown I'm talking about, it's on the Moonlight website: http://www.moonlightbridal.com/asps/gowndetail.asp?gno=JW3029
Sorry this post is so long. Good luck with all of your plans everybody!

Riva
07-19-2001, 09:20 PM
I just wanted to let everybody know that I just got a call from Denise who told me that the garment reconstruction will be less expensive than she originally thought. She talked to one of her fellow seamstresses and found out that my dress already falls right on the shoulder, so it will be less complicated to take it off the shoulder. She quoted me between $200 and $250, at the most. This is for the off the shoulder reconstruction, blending beading, hem and bustling.

I thought I should keep everyone posted!