PDA

View Full Version : NEVER SHOP AT EVA'S BRIDAL IN OAK LAWN, IL

august11bride
07-28-2001, 01:30 AM
I am getting married in two weeks and my dress was just finished. I ordered my gown in August 2000! When the dress came in, they called and had me try it on. I went back one month later and the gown did not fit over my chest! It was the strangest thing. Eva's went on to tell me that my dress needed an additional $500 worth of fabric plus $200 alteration costs. Not to mention tax and additional shipping! What's even crazier is that my mom and I had been taking photographs of each fitting which clearly show the dress did fit when it arrived. Eva's told me I must have (get this) increased by 2 cup sizes and therefore it's not their problem. I have since called the BBB in Chicago and consulted an atty.

Oh and by the way, my bridesmaid gowns should have been in in June and are still not here. Eva's is telling me they should be delivered by August 8 (3 days before the wedding)!!!

THE GOWNS ARE LOVELY AND SO ARE THE SALESPEOPLE UNTIL YOU BUY THE DRESS. AFTER THAT GOOD LUCK!!! WARNING DON'T USE EVA'S AT ALL!!!

sdenny
10-17-2001, 01:14 PM
The same should be said for Eva's Bridal on Harlem in Chicago. I didn't even get past the trying-on stage. The salespeople were unhelpful and rude. The saleswoman helping me let me languish in my dressing room while she apparently helped other customers, even though I made an appointment. After finding a style I liked, I asked if they had anything else like it. She said "no." Then, when I asked who the manufacturer was, she refused to tell me and became hostile when I pressed her. Realizing I was about to leave without buying she told me there was a sale that day on the dress. When I asked how much she never told me. Finally, my friend and I got so fed up we just left.

jvd5
09-26-2002, 09:57 AM
I am very interested in knowing how things turned out with the dresses you purchased at Eva's . I went to Eva's Bridal (on Harlem)yesterday and fell in love with a dress there. The sales woman that helped me was very nice, but after reading these two postings I noticed she tried the same tricks on me too. I went online and visited the Mori Lee website and found 5 dresses from this designer I really liked. According to the website, Eva's was one of there distributors, so I made an appt. and printed out the pics I liked. (Eva's told me they could find the dress just by looking at a picture) I was so disappointed when I got there though because they only had one Mori Lee dress (supposedly) and it wasn't any of the 5 I liked. So the saleswoman brought other dresses in similar styles. They were all Coutoure dresses and the prices ranged from $1100 - $1500, definitely out of my price range. I'm getting married in FL, with only 70 guests, I don't need a $1500 dress. When I told her this, she said "OH, well then you can look in our sale room and see if you find anything you like" She wasn't rude about it, but I was disappointed when she told me that it was basically self service for dresses under $1000. And the names of the designers and style number was missing from all the dresses. She tried the "this dress is on sale" bit with me too. Discounted by $200, but with the flat fee of $215 for alterations, it brought the price right back up. But to give her credit, she did find 2 dresses that fit me perfectly. I didn't like these dresses when I saw them on the hanger, but she made me try them on and they were perfect! But now after reading these postings I'm a little scared to order from this salon.