PDA

View Full Version : sample gown switch-er-oo victim at MaryLinn's Bridal

colette mosley
08-01-2001, 03:30 PM
I had a terrable experience with MaryLinn's Bridal in Pasadena, California. I ordered a new, full price Jim Hjelm gown back in April - by July 18th, I was presented with a stained dress with beading missing, it had been drycleaned and was a size too small!
The guy who runs it, Ray, took no responsibility for the condition of the gown and was not proactive in getting me another one. He said, "I don't care what you want". I had to contact Jim Hjelm staff in NYC who got me my gown in one week flat - brand new.
MaryLinn's is horrible - no bride should bother.

clarabelle
06-28-2002, 01:33 AM
I second that opinion. Here's another bad experience at Marylinn's, though at a different store. Please note, I am not making this up:

I needed minor alterations on a dress I bought secondhand; Marylinn's MdR said they do that sort of thing all the time, so I paid them for the work. When it came time for the fitting, I thought I saw a flea on the dress but dismissed it -- until I got home and started itching; I had bites all over my body. There was a dog in this particular store (it belonged to an employee); I do not live or work around any animals.

Here's where my complaint starts: when I called to tell this to the manager, she became belligerent and actually started yelling at ME. Called me a liar, denied everything, refused to let me speak to the owner, Ray, and said he wouldn't care anyway (which doesn't surprise me after reading Colette's post). She even defended the dog. Then she hung up on me. Not once did she attempt to resolve the problem. Not even close.

I've since learned both Marylinn stores have unanswered complaints filed against them with the Better Business Bureau. Shame on me for not checking them out first. And I wish I'd found this forum sooner.

So my advice to anyone in Southern Cal area: AVOID Marylinn Bridal. Run fast, run far.