PDA

View Full Version : Storage Fees

mfusilero
08-17-2001, 11:01 AM
I bought a MoriLee dress at Bridal Mart in Sacramento. They want to charge me $11/month for storage. Do most places charge a storage fee? If I opt out of paying those fees, would it be safe to store the dress at home? I live with my fiance and wouldn't want him to see the dress so the big spiel on how it would be insured and safer in storage was attractive.

They also quoted me over $300 in alterations -- taking in beaded sleeves and shortening the length. I'm figuring this is too much and plan on getting the dress altered by an independent taylor.

alandenisefields
08-22-2001, 10:17 AM
No, most bridal stores do NOT charge a storage fee. I would store it at home. If you store it at home, it is covered under your homeowner's policy of course.

That is an outrageous price for alterations, unless you are remaking the entire gown (it does NOT sound like that). I would get bids from indie seamstresses!

best wishes,
Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BRIDAL BARGAINS * BRIDALGOWN.COM * CYBERBRIDE *

Affordable Dreams
08-22-2001, 04:50 PM
Under any circumstances DO NOT STORE IT @ THE BRIDAL SHOP!!!!!!!
If the store closes down your dress will be held hostage with all the rest! A store cannot guarentee they will always be in business! See my post about the stores in Tampa. These business were around for at least 15 years. There was no calls to brides nothing! Be safe and store it at home.
Chrissy
Affordable Dreams by Christine
DBS dealer

mfusilero
08-28-2001, 06:10 PM
Thanks! I have to say, I found your book very helpful. My fiance and I wanted to stay away from the wedding industry as much as possible.