PDA

View Full Version : Hudsons Bridal in Portsmouth, NH

mariekat
08-18-2001, 08:51 PM
Has any one had any experiences with Hudson's Bridal in Portsmouth, NH? I went there this weekend and generally liked it- the salespeople were very attentive- I didn't have an appointment but they were very helpful. Also they do keep their labels in. One thing though was that after I tried on a couple of gowns, the salesgirl offered to start a file for me noting the brands and style numbers but she didn't want me to have the style numbers. I think this is a minor quibble and I have no idea what they are like to work with through the whole process. Their dressing room was lined with letters from brides praising them, which was interesting but I don't know how much weight to give to those letters. I mean, it's not like they would post complaints. Anyway I'd go back again and it didn't seem like a totally evil place to shop.

kleo1113
08-27-2001, 03:43 PM
HI! I purchased both my bridesmaid dresses and bridal gown from Hudson's and had a good experience. I had found "the dress" at Madeliene's Daughter (after trying on about 6) but it cost over $1000 and I KNEW it was not worth it. I asked Hudson's if they had a catalog of the designer and the style number -- dress cost $625 there. Hem and underbustle with great seamstress there cost $150. They also discounted all the bridesmaid dresses 10% since I bought my own dress there. Very low pressure sales. In fact, I probably could've been talked into buying more! :) The only thing that bothered me is that my bra size is technically a 37 C 1/2 and the girls there insisted that the low line bra they gave me "fit" -- but I was so uncomfortable, I couldn't even move. It was too tight and too loose in all the wrong places and I complained, but they wouldn't re-measure me, which I thought was strange. I'm going to Lady Grace for the bra. I generally had a positive experience, however, and their prices are amazing. By the way, you might want to try Madeliene's just for their selection -- but be warned. You have to make an appointment and they fuss over you quite a bit. It turned out that my gown there (that she wanted me to take at 10% off as a "sample") would have been a size too small for my true measurements and had already had two bows on the dress removed! Thank goodness I didn't get roped into that purchase. Good luck!