PDA

View Full Version : Davids' Bridal is terrible in Chicago

lisa2lisa
09-15-2001, 01:58 PM
Visted David's bridal today at my scheduled appointment time. Within the first 2 minutes, they began pressuring me to buy a gown, register for a credit card, the more money I spend the more I save, and I have not even tried a dress on yet. They also said that if I did not buy a gown today they could not state when the sale would end. If I came back to buy the dress they could not guarantee me the sale because they probably would not have my dress in the correct size 8.

I was given a book to look at after I told them exactly what type of dress I wanted.

Finally time to browse the rack. The sales women told me to look at the gown even though I told her exactly what I wanted for the second time. She showed me 1 gown on the rack. The dress felt very CHEAP!!!! It was made out of Italian satin. Which is really like polyester. She said you get what you pay for. The dress that was $800.00. She guided me to the couture collection which did not have the styles I was looking for.

I asked 3 more sales people if they had any more dresses in the very popular sytle I wanted and they did not know.

My total time spent in the store was about 10 minutes and I will never go there again.

So if you want poor quality, bad service, and pusy sales people shop at davids.

munchkin54
10-20-2001, 03:01 AM
I agree they want everything but your left arm when you come in, their dresses are cheaply made but then some of the prices are sky high. Their dressing rooms are gross, messy and dirty...I unfortunately spent an hour and I will def. not be going back

joikb
02-26-2002, 02:07 PM
Please let me know which David's Bridal shop you are speaking of. I have a friend who recently got married and purchased her dress from David's but didn't mention any pressures from the staff when she went in.

kcolemanil
03-04-2002, 01:18 AM
I've been to the Schaumburg location, and they've seemed OK so far. I haven't purchased a gown yet, though.