PDA

View Full Version : Good Bridal stores in DETROIT area?

Crazy313Girl
10-11-2001, 06:34 PM
My mom and I were going to go to David's Bridal on Warren Rd. Are they ok service wise? I'm also looking to try on gowns by Maggie Sottero and Demetrios, which I know are not at David's, so I'm looking for other stores as well. They seem impossible to find! Any leads?

It's all Goode!
It's all Goode!

georgiegirlmi
10-26-2001, 02:13 PM
BAD:

Marshall Fields. WAY Overpriced (I saw the same Demetrios dress there for $500 more than anywhere else!) and poor service.

Laura's on Gratiot in Clinton Twp. Saw a discontinued sample there for $300 more than somewhere else. When I asked them to drop the price, they wouldn't budge. Plus, they tried to pull that "Italian Satin" crap.

Betsy's in Farmington. They couldn't have cared less whether or not I showed up. Did not seem knowledgeable or professional.

Alvin's Bridal. Beautiful store and great service, but discontinued samples are over $1000! I don't know your price range, but that was out of line. Plus, the same Demetrios dress there was $300 more than at other places.

GOOD:

Elizabeth's Bridal Manor in Northville. Fabulous service. They really take care of their dresses.

Becker's Bridal in Fowler. They have racks and racks of discontinued samples for sale. Very helpful. My sister in law found a dress for $200 two years ago. I didn't find anything, but it's worth the trip, anyway. They have tons of dresses.

Georgie