PDA

View Full Version : Good shops in Northern CO

lilcourt
10-25-2001, 02:33 PM
Does anyone know of a good discount shop in Northern Colorado? I need a dres for under $600. I found a dress I like (an Oleg Cassini) at David's Bridal in Westminster, but the one on the rack was dirty and torn. They said they could order it from another store, but I'm afraid it would show up in the same condition. Also, I went to the Oleg Cassini Web site, but I couldn't find any info on stores. Does anyone know if David's is the only place that carries these?

Dyonia
10-29-2001, 11:33 PM
Oleg Cassini is only sold at Davids Bridal -- one of their own brands. I've seen Oleg Cassini dresses on eBay -- might be worth looking there. You can definitely find a dress for under 600 on eBay. Or better yet, find the dress you love and use the dress quote on the Fields site -- you may come in under 600! I got my Maggie Sottero "Jewel" gown for $643 (retail $1200), plus shipping! Its always worth a try to ask for a quote!

Best of luck!
--Donna

lilcourt
10-30-2001, 02:36 PM
Thanks. I actually ordrered a Maggie Sottero over the weekend. I ordered the "Julie." It was only $500.
Thanks again!

sherryrn
11-03-2001, 04:52 PM
please, please, please you have to tell me where you found a maggie gown for $500!!!! i found my dream gown and i didn't really want to pay $1200 for it, i would greatly appreciate it!!!

Dyonia
11-03-2001, 09:04 PM
Go to the Fields website http://www.bridalgown.com/bridalgown/index.htm and use the BridalQuote feature. Very easy to use, and all you have to do is wait for the replies!

Have fun!
--Donna

P.S. I have the Jewel gown -- which one is your favorite?

Dyonia
11-05-2001, 12:26 AM
GO to eBay right now~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://listings.ebay.com/aw/plistings/list/all/category15720/index.html Search for Maggie Sottero, and there are a whole bunch of gowns being auctioned by a seller named parisbridals! Some of them are going for under $200!!!!!!!! I wish she had been in business back in January when I got my dress! I looked at her feedback, and there are no negatives -- checked out a bunch of the transactions to find out what had already sold, and there were several Maggie gowns in there that had positive feedback from the buyers. It seems to good to be true, but it looks like several people have already gotten gowns at incredible prices! I think its worth a look!

Maybe Deneise and Alan know how to verify if this is legitimate???

--Donna

lilcourt
11-05-2001, 04:20 AM
Truth be told, I got lucky. This fall, Maggie Sottero is introducing three lines in three price ranges. Apparently, mine fell in the low-end one. The dress isn't in stores yet. I tried on simlar gowns and decided to order it through a very helpful salon (it was my dream gown and I just knew I had to have it even if I hadn't tried it on).Originally, I wanted a Maggie gown that was much more expensive, so when the manager said she could order this one for $500, I jumped on it. In fact, I'm wondering if maybe I got lucky and got it for cheaper because it isn't out in stores yet.

However, I used the quote service on the Fields' site when I was looking for lower prices on the other gown. I got responses for half the price I had found it in stores. BUT, some of the respondents said it could take up to 36 weeks to get a dress in. My wedding's in six months, so I went with a brick-and-mortar store because I wanted to have someone I could talk to face-to-face if there were problems, etc.

Seriously, if you have some time, wait for the new lines to hit stores (November and January). I think it'd be worth it. Good luck!