PDA

View Full Version : Buying from Canada

gnawbed
01-07-2002, 01:36 PM
If you're looking to buy a Paloma Blanca (or some other Canadian designer) dress, I highly recommend trying to buy it from a Canadian Bridal Shop. I've called a number of shops in Toronto and gotten consistent price quotes of $1300 CAD which translates to $814 USD (the cheapest quote I got in the States was $1000 USD from DBS). Some stores wouldn't give me a price quote over the phone, but a few did. And what's nice is that the ones who will give you the price quotes over the phone are usually ones who are willing to ship it to you. One store in particular, Windsor Bridal, at first was reluctant to give me a quote, but when I told him that I lived in the States, he offered to call me back with the price and he also mentioned that their store ships to the US all the time. Another plus to buying it from Canada is that you don't get charged sales tax which can end up being a large chunk of money.

ReadyToElope
08-07-2003, 10:59 PM
After reading this recommendation, I e-mailed Windsor Bridal in Toronto for a quote on the Paloma Blanca gown I want. It retails for $1150 in the U.S.; DBS had given me a quote of $920. Windsor Bridal quoted me $100 (American) less than that! My question is this...does anyone out there have experience buying a dress from a Canadian bridal shop and having it shipped to them? What problems, if any, did you encounter? I'd like some advice from someone who has actually purchased her dress this way. It sounds great, but I'm a little bit apprehensive. Thanks for your input!!! :)