PDA

View Full Version : recommendations for Southern California?

whazle
01-11-2002, 05:26 PM
My fiance and I are getting married on the 11th of May.
I am helping her shop for her bridal gown. I will comb these message boards, but I would appreciate any recommendations for good reasonably priced shops within an hour or so of LA?

Please email if you feel comfortable doing so
thanks

Wayne Hazle
[email protected]
to be married may 11th 2002

marisa724
01-12-2002, 10:34 AM
Try Priceless Bridals in Reseda (www.bargainweddinggowns.com) -- I'm blanking on the exact address but I know it's right off the freeway that goes by LAX up through Burbank. I bought my dress there and I am very pleased. You can buy off the rack and take it home that day if you want, which might be good if your wedding is in less than 5 months.

It is a little store but they have racks of dresses that are lovely and in very good shape (mostly discontinued, overstocks, etc.) I went in without an appointment and I only had to wait about 15 minutes, since the two salesladies were helping other brides (like I said, it's a tiny store). Prices I saw were mostly between 300-400, some maybe a little higher. I believe they do alterations, not sure of the prices on that because I am from a different state and will get my dress altered here in NJ.

Hope that helps....

marisa

P.S. If she doesn't happen to fit bridal sample sizes (they have sizes 8-12 on the racks) - they also do orders, still discounted.

sugarpike434
01-14-2002, 03:56 PM
I know David's Bridal has an uneven reputation - some brides love them, others have horror stories, but since that's true of many stores, don't be afraid to try them. My daughter and I went shopping at the one in Ontario back in August, and were treated like royalty. Then we went to the one in Long Beach and were completely ignored - and this on a weekday evening when we were the only ones in the store. Anyway, we can confidently recommend the store in Ontario - Melissa found a beautiful dress there and was able to purchase it and take it home - they do have larger sizes in stock, if necessary, and can order too. The dress was in excellent condition - and believe me, having worked in bridals many years ago, I've seen plenty of sample dresses in absolutely gross condition. We ordered additional fabric in the dress's colors - diamond white and rum pink - but when the white came in it was a different fabric...anyway, the manager at the store ended up giving us a stole in the matching fabric that we could take apart and use or do whatever we wanted to with it, without charging any extra for it, since they couldn't match the fabric exactly. Our salesperson was Nadia, and she was a pleasure to work with. THe Ontario store is at 4410 Ontario Mills Parkway, 91758, just off the 10 fwy. 909 476-8414. Just a couple of suggestions - make an appointment if you can, or if not, don't go on a Saturday, as it will be a madhouse (actually, this goes for ANY salon). Have your fiancee try on several different styles, even ones she doesn't think she'd like. SPeaking from experience, it can be a real eye-opener to see a style on that you wouldn't normally have tried in a million years. Many brides can attest to the fact that the dress they bought was a far cry from what they thought they wanted...Good luck and keep us posted!